Sunday, July 18, 2010

Take A Look

Sometimes we forget how blessed we truly are. Sometimes it takes us stepping back and taking a look at our lives, and the people in them. I tend to be a pretty humble, thankful person. I am very appreciative of all of the things, more importantly, the people, that God has put in my life.....true blessings! As hard as I try to not take them for granted, it's inevitable that at some point, it's going to happen. After all, we all are human and it's so easy to say "Woe is me", "My life is so hard", "Nobody's on my side",etc. Lately I have really been having to step back and take a look at my own life. I know that I have THE MOST wonderful, loving, supportive family that any woman could ever ask for. Growing up, my parents did everything in their power to ensure that I had everything I needed, and most of what I wanted. I have always been appreciative, and I know that they know that I am. I thank them every chance I get, even to this day. They still do so much for me now, and it amazes me that God blessed me with such wonderful people to call mom and dad. I realize that not every one is that lucky. There are people who grew up with parents who didn't raise them in church, didn't get along with each other and fought all the time, and some didn't even have both of their parents, or any at all. How dare me take what I have for granted, right? And yet, I have at some point...and more than once.

Lately, I have been trying to slow down and focus on those blessings God has given me. I have wonderful, Christian parents who just celebrated their 33rd wedding anniversary, all four of my sweet grandparents (who also are in long, happy marriages), an amazingly loving, supportive husband who is more than I deserve, an awesome mother & father-in-law who love me as if I were their own, as well as a brother & sister-in-law who are like the siblings I never had, great friends who love me for who I am, and good health that I am so thankful to God for. So, when I have a bad day and just want to sulk and feel sorry for myself, I need to take a step back and remind myself that there are so many people out there that really have a right to be sulking and feeling sorry for themselves. What makes me think I have that right? Look at how blessed I am! It's time to suck it up and move on to the next day. Life may be much harder than it has been in the past; when you own a business with your husband, it's not always going to be easy - financially, emotionally, and maybe sanity-wise too ;-), but I am so thankful to have a husband to own a business with! Things are only as good as you make them, and I plan on making things really good! I have really come to realize over the past
few months how amazing my man is, and how much we are made for each other. He is my rock and my support, and as long as I have him, along with the other amazing people in my life, I can do anything....as long as we have EACH OTHER, WE can do anything!

So, as you approach this coming week, and the weeks and months ahead, strive to take a step back in your own life when the going gets tough and when you feel like life is constantly handing you lemons; and realize how blessed you are and be thankful for all of YOUR blessings. I am challenging myself to do just that. I hope you do too. To everyone reading this, I am thankful for YOU, whether I know you well, a little, or not at all. I am thankful for you. You are a blessing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!