Monday, September 26, 2011

Breakfast Casserole

We all know how quick and easy a breakfast casserole is. And I'm sure we all know how to make one. BUT, I thought I'd share the recipe for the one I made this past weekend. Again, you know how I am with measurements, so don't hold me to these exact numbers. ;-)



Breakfast Casserole

1 small container Egg Beaters (Equivalent of 7 med. eggs)
4-5 slices bread, broken up into small pieces
Appr. 2 cups milk (I don't like things too "eggy" so I added more than some people might.)
1 Bag Jimmy Dean Sausage Crumbles (these are new and are awesome! They are already cooked. You can find them right with the other sausage.)
1-2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
About 1/2 tsp S & P
Hashbrowns (About 1/2 bag of Simply Potatoes refrigerated hashbrowns...I'll probably do more next time.)
1 Additional Cup Cheese for top

Directions

1. Mix eggs, milk, sausage, cheese, s & p well.
2. Place pieces of bread on bottom of greased 9x13 pan.
3. Pour egg mixture over bread.
4. Top with hashbrowns. Top with remaining cheese.
5. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
6. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes, or until egg is cooked through. It's great with salsa or alone!

I thought about mixing the hashbrowns in the casserole, but decided I'd try them as a topper. It turned out great and I love the little crispiness they added to it. I think I may try adding a can of Ro-Tel to it next time. That would be fantastic! Jalapenos would be good too, if you like spicy things. Ham or bacon would be a great substitute also! I think I'll make it again soon. Just add a little fruit(mostly to make you feel a little better about the casserole you're eating!) and you've got a great complete breakfast.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!