Monday, January 24, 2011

27 Weeks - 3rd Trimester!!


Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 27 Weeks! Officially in the 3rd trimester!! No. Frickin'. Way.
Size of baby: Around 16 inches long, the size of a head of cauliflower. Weighs about 2.5 lbs!
Total Weight Gain: About 19 pounds. I had gained about 3 more pounds at my appointment last week since my last appointment 4 weeks ago. The doctor is pleased, although that sounds like so much to me. You're supposed to gain a pound a week, so if I do that I'll still be in the suggested weight gain range when all is said and done.
Maternity Clothes: Pants and some shirts. I still wear some regular shirts around the house and they don't cover my belly all the way! HA! Don't worry, I don't go out like that in public. ;)
Stretch Marks: No. But I am getting "the line" down my belly...I can blame it on my dark features...which I can blame on my dad. HA! Love you dad!
Belly button in or out: A little shallow, but still in. I think we have a few more weeks before it pops out.
Gender: BOY! Hudson Thomas Puckett :)
Movement: Yes! I feel him every day...some days more than others. He is a very active little boy and likes to play about the time I'm going to bed. ;) His favorite times to move are in the mid-morning and in the evening.
Food Cravings/Aversions: Good grief, I had no idea what a craving was until I couldn't have the good stuff anymore!! I've been sticking to this diet for my glucose tolerance test on Wednesday. Now, some people don't have to do the diet beforehand, but my doctor's office likes you to keep the sugar and bad carbs out of your system a few days prior to the test. I guess they want to make sure the results aren't skewed by that huge cinnamon roll with extra icing you had for a snack the night before. ;)
What I miss: Sleeping on my back, and being able to breathe through my nose.
Sleep: Sleep has been OK...just can't get enough of it!
Symptoms: Tiredness, backaches, nasal congestion, and a few things I'll spare you! ;) I get out of breath pretty easily too. Even changing positions and getting comfortable in bed is taxing. I try not to move too much at night for this very reason. HA!
Best Moment this week: Well, other than failing my first glucose test, this week was really good! I've felt great, Hudson's been moving like crazy, and we scheduled an appointment with the bedding lady to design his bedding. We're doing that on Saturday! I also got a new Shark Steam Mop and I'm really excited about that too! Not baby-related, but it was a good moment this week! :-) I tested it out last night and my kitchen tile looks better than it has in a loooonnnnngggg time! So long, Swiffer!! Can't wait to use it on my hardwoods and the bathroom tile too! I love that it just uses water...no chemicals! And the pads are washable, so that means no more buying Swiffer pads and cleaning solution! YAY! OK, enough of the ridiculous excitement over the mop. :-)

I hope y'all have a fantastic Monday!!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!