Tuesday, October 16, 2012

October Birchbox

So, I've gotta be honest here. Not too thrilled with my Birchbox this month. I'm usually overall pleased with the goodies in it, but this month's was just a little lackluster. However, given the fact that it is only $10, and one of the items alone costs $7-8 of that, it's OK. 

Let's check out what I got......


1. Luna Bar - I've never tried these before so I'm not sure what to expect. I'm not really a fan of lemon stuff, so I doubt I will like this. It also has 180 calories which just seems like a whole lot to me. I know they're supposed to be packed with protein and fiber so they fill you up, though.

2. Joanna Vargas Daily Serum - This might actually end up being good. It's a brightening serum so I'm hoping it gives my skin the little glow that it needs during these Fall/Winter months.

3. Marie Veronique Organics Body Oil - 2 words.....smells terrible!

4. Sprout Natural Cocoa Lip Balm - 2 words.....smells terrible!! Seriously, though, this feels SO good on the lips and is really silky and buttery, but it. smells. terrible. I mean, BAD!! As good at it feels on my lips, I can't wear something that smells that bad. Thankfully, it's not flavored though. I can't imagine something tasting that bad, too. Bleh!

5. THE FAVE!! Essie Nail Polish in Carry On - I LOVE LOVE LOVE Essie nail polish!! It goes on so smooth and stays on for DAYS without chipping or looking dull. I have a few dark reds/maroons but I haven't gotten this shade so I'll be trying it out soon. (This retails for $7-8 all by itself)


This was the first time I was really disappointed overall in my Birchbox. I obviously take into account that it costs a mere $10, is a way to learn about new brands and products, but I want to feel like I'm getting something for my money. I've heard about Ipsy recently. It's basically a monthly glam bag you get with deluxe beauty samples and/or full size products. It's also $10 and I'm thinking about giving it a try. Has anybody tried it out? Is it worth it?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!