Well, hello November!! I'm pretty sure I just saw you, but somehow here you are again.
Boy, time flies, doesn't it??
Can you believe these tiny little babies will be 2 months old on Saturday??
Top row - 1 week; bottom row - 8 weeks
We had their 2 month checkup yesterday and they got a great report. They're perfectly healthy and the doctor is very pleased with how they've grown. They were wonderfully sized newborn twins anyway, but they've grown so well over the last 2 months.
Raegan now weighs 11 lbs 1 oz and is 22.5 inches long, and Grayson weighs 9 lbs 12 oz and is 21.2 inches long.
*Just for comparison's sake, Hudson was 12 lbs 13 oz and 24 inches long at 2 months!*
They got their 2 month shots, and I was so impressed with how brave they were. They cried a little, of course, but after a few seconds they were over it. It gets harder as they get older and become more aware of what's happening.
We had a little photo sesh before leaving for the doctor. They weren't really impressed.
But brother was....he wanted to get in on the action. Sweet boy.
I think Raegan knew what was coming.
A few things about the twins at 2 months:
- Both in size 1 diapers
- R is solidly in 0-3 mo clothes. G is in very few NB now, and mostly 0-3 mo, although they are a little big on him still.
- Eat 4 oz every 3-4 hours.
- Still wake up at least once in the middle of night to eat. Last night, both slept for 6+ hours before waking up! (2 month shots/Tylenol could have had something to do with that, though)
- Both LOVE swinging!
- Slowly becoming champs at holding their heads up.
- Flash big smiles at momma and daddy.
- They're starting to "talk" to us.
- Love to practice standing while we hold them.
- Neither are really interested in a paci at this point, unless it's needed to fend off a feeding for a few minutes.
- We've started laying them on their bellies some to sleep. They sleep SO much better on their bellies(like their brother did) and don't wake themselves up with all the flailing around they do. Of course we monitor them, and they have such great control of their heads that they haven't had any issues.
- They're now sleeping in their own cribs, because they were starting to kick and hit each other. They migrate a little on their bellies and they were just invading each others' space too much. They've been doing great in their own beds.
We're so blessed with happy, healthy babies (all 3!!!) and it's nice that things are calming down and they're becoming a little more predictable. That doesn't mean things are easy, by any means, but we're making it. :)
I've got more things to share...Halloween, Pumpkin Patch, etc. Hopefully it won't be another month before they're up. ;) Happy Thursday!