Friday, March 29, 2013

Squash Casserole


I'm excited to share the recipe for squash casserole I made last night. It is that good and that easy!! 
If you like creamy, cheesy, and crunchy all in one, get busy and make this!


Squash Casserole
*serves 4-6*

3 small or 2 large yellow squash
appr 3/4 cup sour cream
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic salt(not as strong as garlic powder)
heaping cup of shredded cheese (I used Sargento 4 State Cheddar and HIGHLY recommend it!!) OR you can just grab a big handful like I did. ;)
salt & pepper to taste
appr 3/4 sleeve Ritz crackers, crushed
1/2 stick butter, melted

Cut up your squash and throw in pot full of water. Boil for 4-5 minutes until just tender. Drain well and dump in bowl. 
Add in sour cream, onion powder, and garlic salt. You can use chopped onion if you like them. You can even saute them, and season with the garlic salt and some salt & pepper, then add to the mixture.
Add in cheese and mix until well combined. Taste for seasonings and adjust as needed. I also added a little bit of plain sharp cheddar, along with the 4 State Cheddar. 
*Add a splash of milk if you want to thin it out just a tad. It'll add more creaminess to it, as well.*
Pour into a greased pan and top with crushed crackers. 
Pour melted butter over the top and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

Serve with delicious meatloaf muffins!! (recipe coming tomorrow!)


Or just devour all on its own!
You can't go wrong either way.
I love this stuff way more than should be allowed.

The 4 State Cheddar really sent this squash casserole over the top, but you can use ANY kind of cheese you like. Make it your own, 'cause it'll be delicious regardless of what type of cheese you put in it. ;)

Happy Friday, friends!!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my this looks super yummy. Any casserole that has Ritz crackers and butter is OK in my book :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Defffffinitely trying this soon! My mouth is watering. Thanks for sharing! Can't wait for the meatloaf muffin recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. pinning this and trying it later! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my very favorites! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What size pan is best for this recipe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I usually use a 13x9 but really any size will work. Since there's no egg in it, you don't have to worry about it getting cooked. If you use a smaller pan, you just might need to cook it for a bit longer since it'll be thicker, that way it gets nice and hot in the middle.

      Delete

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!