Tuesday, March 12, 2013

March Birchbox

I was very pleased with how early this month's box came. It was in the mail on Saturday, so I took the last few days to test things out for my review.


1. Twistband headband - This is the headband version of the hair tie I got in my box a few months back (which I LOVE!). I don't see myself using this one much at all, except maybe when I wash my face or something and need my hair pulled out of my face. I love the Twistband products though. They really do hold your hair comfortably, without putting a crease in it or pulling on it.

2. Whish Shaving Cream - This is a foam-free shaving cream with organic shea butter. It has a blueberry scent. I used this last night and was expecting so much more from it. I'll be honest, I'm not really a shaving cream kind of person. I just lather up shower gel and shave that way. If I do use shave cream, I usually prefer a foaming cream. I was quite disappointed in the size of this sample too. (.75oz) There wasn't even enough cream for both of my legs. I just wasn't impressed.

3. Serge Normant Meta Revive Dry Shampoo - I haven't tried this one out yet, but this is my 2nd or 3rd dry shampoo since I've been receiving Birchbox. I'm not really a fan of them. I've just never really been impressed with how they work. I'd just rather wash my hair for reals. I'll give it a try, though, to be fair.

4. Incoco Nail Polish Appliques - I laughed as soon as I saw these things in the box. Do I look 7? I'm almost 30 so that's cool, I guess. I was doing my nails anyway, so I decided to try these out. Yep, definitely made me feel like a 7 year old girl, and not so much in a good way. I like the idea of them, but wish they'd sent me a more adult pattern or a solid color. Maybe they'd be better for just an accent nail. They're also kind of tricky for me to fit on my nails perfectly, because I have small nails. 
Hate to say it, but these were taken off in a matter of minutes.           
5. Beauty Extra - Madewell for Birchbox Emery Board - This retails for $5 in their shop. Really? $5? 
I mean, yeah this is nice to have in my purse I guess. Not really the kind of thing I expect to get for my money, though. At least it was an "extra"?

So, although I was very impressed with the early arrival of my box this month, its contents left a lot to be desired. This may be the month I say goodbye. I'll have to think on it for a bit.

As always, you can check out Birchbox if you're interested in learning more.

1 comments:

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!