Friday, March 15, 2013

5 More Things...


My friend Catherine, over at Bailey Dailies, tagged me in a post to share 5 things about myself. Now, I've done random facts posts before so I will try to make sure these are all new things. Surely I'm not THAT random?!? HA! Who am I kidding? I totally am.

1. I've only been out of the country once. I went to London when I was a freshman in high school. Our band was invited to play in the New Year's parade. Pretty cool! Yes, I was in the band. Played clarinet and was on danceline. I also play the piano. Those are the only instruments I play, although I'd love to learn to play the guitar. 
*a picture of a picture, 'cause well...I'm too lazy to go scan the picture to my computer*
A pic from my danceline days. That's me front and center. This was my Senior year, Fall of '01, about 11.5 years ago!!! WOW!! That's just crazy. And I thought I was fat back then. I was delusional.

2. I once had dreams of auditioning for American Idol. Then my husband told me I wouldn't make it. Yeah, so much for that dream. The truth hurts, I guess.('cause I would never make it, and I realize that!) Oh well. At least I know he's always honest with me. HA! Lucky for him, he gets to listen to all of my ridiculous singing in the car. :)

3. When I was around 2.5 or 3, I got this stuffed talking parrot for Christmas. I was absolutely OBSESSED with that thing. It eventually died and I'm pretty sure I was devastated.
Nowadays, I hate birds. Of all kinds. Bad experience with pigeons on above-mentioned London trip.
Oh, and I'm pretty sure it was after this picture that I fell and hit my head on that table. Made for a fun Christmas morning. Does that child remind you of anyone?

4. I was SO close to going to Veterinary school. I didn't end up going, obviously, for a couple of reasons. 1. Once I thought more about it, I knew it'd be entirely too emotional for me to see animals who weren't going to make it or had to be put down. I just couldn't handle it. I'm entirely too much of a softy for animals. 2. Going to vet school would've meant going to Auburn. Bleh. They have a GREAT vet school, but no thanks. ;-) In my next life, though...I've already decided I will be a surgeon. 

5. Did y'all have to take a typing class in high school? We did and most of the students hated it. I LOVED it!! I think it's due to the fact that I am SUCH a nerd when it comes to writing, typing, grammar, spelling, English, etc. Seriously, y'all don't even know. Such a nerd. I'd like to write a book one day. Not on those topics, but something. I just LOVE writing. (hence the blog) 
Maybe one day I can write a book on what it's like to raise a toddler and newborn twins! 
That's considering I survive it myself, hahahaha!! 
I'm thankful for that typing class today, though, because I can still type just as fast and accurately as I could back then. I could probably type an entire post without even looking down because my fingers have memorized the keyboard. I think that's a great skill to have.

OK, those are my 5 facts. Hope you enjoyed learning more random things about me. If you didn't, I really don't blame you. HAHA!

Be sure to check out my friend Catherine, as she is fabulous!

Have a wonderful, BEAUTIFUL weekend, friends!



Follow on Bloglovin

1 comments:

  1. That is the very reason I could never be a vet...I wouldn't be able to be around sick/hurt animals and not be able to help! Bless all the vets and animal shelter/rescue workers. I just couldn't do it. I can barely walk into a Petsmart on adoption day, I just want to take them all home!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!