Saturday, March 30, 2013

Meatloaf "Muffins"


I've seen this meatloaf muffin idea floating around online and thought it was such a great idea!! Do you know I have never made meatloaf before? Unless you count heating up Stouffer's Meatloaf as making it. In that case, I'm a pro!! ;-) Nope, never made my own before. Kind of sad, especially now that I know how EASY and how much BETTER homemade meatloaf is!
Now, I know what goes in a meatloaf so I threw it all in and was super pleased with how it turned out. These babies had great flavor!
Y'all know I don't measure, but I'll do my best to recall about how much of everything I put in.

Meatloaf "Muffins"
*makes 6 small muffins*

1/2 lb lean ground beef
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 egg
appr 1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 tbsp onion powder (use chopped onions if you like)
a couple shakes each of Oregano & Parsley
appr 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
splash of milk
1/4 cup ketchup
dash of salt & pepper
1/2-1 tsp ground mustard
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce


Mix all ingredients together well.
Form into balls and place in greased muffin pan. Press down gently.

Top with small spread of ketchup. 
Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.



Serve alongside your favorite side dishes. Mashed potatoes are usually my first choice, but they were delicious with my squash casserole.

Perfectly moist, flavorful, individually-sized meatloaf muffins!! I can promise you, after you try out making meatloaf on your own, you will NOT go back to the precooked stuff!! I know I won't!

3 comments:

  1. Those look so delicious! I will definitely be trying these soon. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty sure I am making this exact meal sometime this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!