Friday, January 20, 2012

9 Months!!


I'm pretty sure someone is playing a cruel joke on me, because there's absolutely NO WAY my sweet baby is 9 months old! That's only 3 MONTHS away from his 1st birthday! 91 days!!! And because I am the Type A, super early planner/control freak that I am, it's probably time to start getting things together for his 1st birthday party. **Takes a moment to break down into sobs.**
OK, before I have an emotional meltdown, here's what you're up to this month, Hudson:

  • We don't go for your checkup until the 30th, but I weighed you last week and you were right at 20.5 lbs. I measured you(the best I could) and I got about 29 inches.
  • You wear a size 3 diaper and 9-12 month clothes.
  • You usually sleep about 10-10.5 hours a night...a few nights lately it's been as much as 11.5! You're usually in the bed around 7:30-8 and get up around 6-6:30, sometimes Momma will get lucky and you'll make it to 7 or 7:30. :-)
  • You drink 7 ounces of pumped breastmilk at about 7am, 11am, 3pm, and around 4-5 oz before bed. You're starting to take in less a day.
  • You are starting to eat 3 meals a day. Breakfast when you want it, and a fruit, veggie, or jarred meal for lunch and dinner. You also will have some puffs, arrowroot cookies, yogurt melts, or a few pieces of finger foods. You're getting more and more willing to try table foods.
  • You're great at feeding yourself with your fingers.
  • You are getting better with a sippy cup but I just offer you a tiny bit of juice every other day or so. You just love that bottle for now. (with milk in it ONLY!)
  • You take a 1.5-2 hour nap in the morning and afternoon.
  • You are a crawling machine and I am chasing you 24/7!
  • You pull up on anything and everything, and I mean that quite literally. It's amazing how little help you need now. You barely need the help of a table or other object anymore. You're very close to being able to stand up on your own I believe.
  • You cruise on everything you pull up on.
  • You walked the other night, using a box you were pushing.
  • You have recently started dancing to music. By dancing, I mean swaying back and forth or front to back. It's really cute.
  • You "talk" all the time and get pretty loud sometimes.
  • You call me "mama" a lot but have yet to say "dada". We're working on the "d" sound to encourage you.
  • I can see you trying to form other sounds to make words.
  • You laugh ALL THE TIME, especially at the dogs.
  • You know how to (and constantly do) turn the blu-ray player on and off, open it, and turn the video monitor on and off.
  • Every now and then, you'll say "Hey!" and wave bye-bye here and there...we're working on that one.
  • You have yet to be sick at all and for this, I am so thankful! I hope that continues.
  • You are so observant and listen to and watch everything.
  • You love playing with your toys, especially your shape sorter and singing puppy. You also love to ride on your zebra bike.
  • You still just have your two bottom teeth.
  • You like having some independent playtime in your pack 'n play or jumperoo, but let us know when you're done.
  • You love to help Mommy shop and hold her list.
  • You love to do the motorboat on your mouth with your hands.
  • You like to play peekaboo.
  • You are a ham and love to entertain everyone. You're so sweet, happy and smart, and you continue to amaze us with your wonderful personality. We are incredibly blessed by you every day and hope you know how much we love you. Now, if you could just stop growing up that'd be great. :-)

We love you SO SO much!!



Here are some pictures from our "photo session" today. It's more like a "follow the very active 9 month old around session". ;-)


I love the ones of Hudson and Bryant at the end!
















0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!