Wednesday, January 04, 2012

New Year, New Me!

I don't really make New Year's resolutions, because I've found I never stick to them. For months now, I've been wanting to lose weight but just haven't been committed to it. About 3.5 weeks ago, I started a new eating plan. I've considered joining WW online, Jenny Craig, or even trying Nutrisystem. Most of them are just way too much money and I really wanted to be able to do it on my own, because I feel that's the way to do it right, for the long-term....for me, anyway. Well, I stumbled upon this blog (I've gotten a few fonts from it, and you may have seen it before, yourself). She shares her weight loss story here and it makes sense. So, I decided to give it a try but I am consuming around 1400-1500 calories a day, instead of 1200. I'm still pumping and 1200 just seemed a little too extreme for me. I count my calories using the "Calorie Counter" app on my iphone. It's free and has a huge database full of ALL kinds of foods! For breakfast, I have some cheerios (Honey Nut, Multigrain, or the Oat Clusters she talks about and they are really good!) I measure how much I put in the bowl, usually have a banana also and can still have my morning cup of coffee with the delicious creamer I love so much. For lunch, I have a Smart Ones meal. If you've never tried these, you should. They are delicious!! The breakfast entrees are very good too, as well as the desserts. For dinner, I usually cook something that's relatively healthy and I'll have a small portion of that and a small salad with fat free Italian dressing. I'll admit, we have a lot of Stouffer's, Bertolli, and Wanchai Ferry meals, and those make it easy to count the calories. Usually half of the bag has around 350-400 cals. I usually have a little less than half of the package.

This plan has worked wonderfully for me so far. So far, I've lost a little over 10 pounds!!! I'm 1/3 of the way to my goal and am so excited! Now don't get me wrong, I still eat out once in a while. Saturday we went to Sonic and I had a New York dog(350 cal) and a few tots. Restaurants make it so easy to count calories now. Just about all of them put their nutrition info on their websites. The cal counter app also has SO many restaurants in it for you to use as a reference as you order.

I'm really excited about seeing my body transform. I can already tell a huge difference in how my clothes fit(I can wear things I haven't worn in MONTHS or over a YEAR!) and how my body looks. I am so ready to get healthy and in better shape and am looking to tone up once I lose the weight. I want to get in the best shape of my life and 2012 will be the year for it! I can't wait to see what the year has in store for me and my precious family. I'm excited about the memories to be made! I hope you all have a blessed 2012! Happy Hump Day! :-)


And because every blog post is better with a picture......




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!