Friday, December 30, 2011

2011 - Year In Review

2011 was our best year yet, mostly because of our sweet little man. He has brought so much love and excitement into our lives and home and I don't know remember life without him...nor do I want to. ;-) Here's a look back at our 2011.

  • We rang in the new year with our friends and their adorable little girl in TN.
  • We made the decision to sell our insurance agency and move to Huntsville for better opportunities. Our parents made the move so easy for us and helped us get the new house decorated and all set up. I was 8 months pregnant. :)
  • Our sweet friends threw an absolutely wonderful baby shower for Hudson and me.
  • Speaking of Hudson, we welcomed him into our lives on April 20, 2011.
  • A week later, Alabama and surrounding states were devastated by horrible tornadoes. It's been amazing to see everyone come together to rebuild, encourage, etc.
  • We spent Hudson's second week of life in Gadsden with my parents because we lost power for several days in Huntsville.
  • I had my very first Mother's Day.
  • We threw my mother-in-law a surprise birthday party.
  • I turned 27.
  • My sweet grandmother, Rae, went home to be with Jesus. It was incredibly hard to say goodbye to this amazing woman.
  • Joseph had his very first Father's Day!
  • We went on our first family vacation to Destin and had a blast.
  • We took Hudson to the pumpkin patch.
  • Hudson turned 6 months old.
  • Hudson had his first Halloween. He was a hamburger! ;-)
  • Little man cut his first 2 teeth.
  • He had his first Thanksgiving.
  • We hosted a Thanksgiving/Iron Bowl gathering and watched as Alabama claimed their spot in the National Championship!! RTR!
  • Joseph turned 27.
  • Hudson started crawling, pulling up, and cruising about a week after his 7 month birthday.
  • We celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary and went out on a date for the first time in about 8 months.
  • Hudson turned 8 months old.
  • We celebrated Christmas as a family of 3 for the first time.

We had an outstanding year and are looking forward to seeing what 2012 has in store for our little family.

We hope you all have a wonderful weekend, a great New Year's and an amazing 2012!!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!