Friday, December 09, 2011

Five

It's hard to believe it's been FIVE years since I married my best friend.

In some ways it seems like it was just yesterday that we were standing in front of our friends and family vowing to love each other forever. In other ways it's as though it was 20 years ago. I mean that in a good way, of course! ;-)

They say that the first year is the hardest. Well, I'm here to say that is not the case. Our first year together was wonderful, blissful, easy. The last 4 have been amazing as well, but we've definitely had our share of trials. Nothing bad, just normal, everyday life that tends to throw its curve balls! Life isn't always rainbows and fairy-tales and unicorns. But we've also had the most wonderful, amazing times that I can imagine. There is absolutely no one else in this world I'd rather spend my forever with.

And I can honestly still say, I promise to love you...for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, as long as I live....I will love you.


Thank you for loving me. Thank you for supporting me. Thank you for being my best friend, the love of my life, my everything. Thank you for being the man you are, the husband you are, the father you are. I know together we can do anything and tackle anything this life throws our way. I don't want to know what this life would be like without you. I can't wait to grow old with you. Even when we're old, gray, and wrinkled, you'll be the one I want to spend my days with, rocking on our porch watching our grandkids play. Happy Anniversary baby, here's to 60 more!
I probably don't tell you near enough, but I love you more than you know. I love you to the moon and back!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!