Tuesday, December 20, 2011

8 Months!

WOW! How is my little baby just 4 months away from his first birthday?? Whoever is fast-forwarding time needs to stop it. I can't handle this growing up stuff.

**Scratches courtesy of a fake reindeer...mean ol' reindeer.** :(



Hudson, here's what you're up to at 8 months:

  • We don't go to the doctor until 9 months, but I'd guess you weigh about 20 lbs.
  • You are wearing a size 3 diaper, and 9 and 12 month clothes.
  • You are getting so long, and looking like a little boy instead of my itty bitty baby. :(
  • You take 5 oz of pumped breastmilk 5-6 times a day.(still pumping, but only 3 x a day now...we're winding it down..you have TONS of frozen milk to keep going with for a while though)
  • You eat great! You have a fruit and/or veggie for lunch, as well as dinner. We also give you several puffs after meals. You LOVE them and feed yourself like a pro.
  • You're sleeping well. Most nights you sleep around 8:30-6:30, sometimes 7. Every once in a while, you'll wake up around 3 and either put yourself back to sleep, or need a little milk.
  • Naps go really well some days, other days not so much. You usually go back to sleep for about 45 minutes if you wake up a little early, then you'll have 2 more naps throughout the day.
  • You have your two bottom teeth, and I think a top one or two is not far behind.
  • You say "mama" a lot. I'm pretty sure you're saying it to me most of the time now, like you know that's me. You jibber jabber all day long and I really wish I knew what you were trying to say. ;-)
  • You still love your jumperoo, as well as independent time in your pack 'n play here and there. If you're not playing in it, you're standing in it.
  • You're pulling up EVERYWHERE and cruising a little bit. I fear you'll be walking in no time.
  • You started crawling about a week after you turned 7 months old. You are unstoppable now and I am constantly chasing you down! ;-)
  • Your personality just keeps developing and it is so sweet, playful, and silly.
  • We do this little motorboat to your lips with our finger and it's hilarious. You've started doing it to yourself with your hand. You'll even try to make our lips do it! We've got to record it, it's too funny!
  • You're very observant and inquisitive. You investigate everything.
  • You had your first babysitters the past 2 weekends. Mommy and Daddy went out for our anniversary, and this weekend we had a Christmas party. Both sets of grandparents loved spending time with you, and I know you enjoyed it too!
  • You love sitting in the shopping cart, especially at Target. You LOVE Target...you're your mommy's child that way! HA!
  • You love Bryant and Marley. You pet them and like to touch their noses.(Mommy would be fine if you wouldn't do this, though)
  • Every now and then, you'll wave hi or bye.
  • We are so excited about your first Christmas in just a few days!
  • I feel blessed more and more every day to be your mother. You are such a smart little boy and watching you grow and develop is the most amazing thing. Your Daddy and I love you more than words can say.


Here are a few more pictures I took today.....it's not so easy to get a crawling 8 month old to pose. ;-)












0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!