Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A Weekend of Surprises

Yes, I realize it is now Wednesday. I've been trying to get this post done since Sunday! Blogging is a little more difficult since Hudson came along. We had a fun weekend in Gadsden with family and friends. My sister-in-law, father-in-law, mother and I have been planning a surprise 50th birthday party for my mother-in-law for months. We decided we were going to do it some time last year!! I have to give full credit for the decor to my sweet mother. She took all of it over for me since I have been pretty consumed with other things....like a baby!! I owe her big time for all she did. It turned out beautiful and we all appreciate her hard work so much!! My mother-in-law is always doing for others and rarely takes time for herself so we wanted her 50th to be extra special. It was definitely something she'll never forget!!

We had the party at the Fishmarket in Gadsden. It overlooks the river and was a beautiful place to have it. The staff was so accommodating and set up a big area in the back for us. We had a great view, especially as the sun set. The plan was for Joseph's parents to meet us there for her birthday dinner. We told her were going to be down to go see my grandparents anyway, and we wanted to take her out, since we didn't get to see her on her actual birthday, which was Wednesday. She thought it was just going to be Joseph, Hudson, and myself. To say she was surprised would be an understatement. She was floored! We got her good. The look on her face was priceless...I wish I would have had someone take a picture of the surprise with my camera, but I didn't think about it. She had about 70 of her closest friends and family there to celebrate with her. It was a wonderful night and it was great to have everyone together for her big birthday.

Here are a few pictures from the party.


The cake was made by a friend of Priscilla's. It was beautiful and delicious. My mom had already started cutting it by the time I got to take a picture...hence the poor little ribbon missing.















The title of this post says "Surprises"....well, not only did we surprise Priscilla with her party....my brother-in-law, Adam, had a surprise of his own.




He proposed to his girlfriend, Kerrie!!


She said yes, by the way!! ;-)


Heeeeyyy



You can't really tell from the picture, but that's a ROCK!! He done good! ;)
I love how insanely happy they look in this picture!! Those smiles say it all!
I am SO happy for them. Kerrie is an awesome girl and she and Adam are just perfect for each other! They make each other so happy!

And I leave you with a few last pictures.....
Hudson and I with Joseph's Aunt Cynthia and cousins Bethany and Ryan
Bethany getting some Hudson time
He was worn out from the party! ha
Family pic!!


I hope you guys are having a good week!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!