Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Big Boy Beds and Checklists

Well, we broke down and put Hudson in his toddler bed. I know, I know. The kid is 3, how are we just now converting his crib into a toddler bed......he's always slept great in his crib and has never tried to climb out or anything so we just didn't want to open a can of worms before he was ready.
We're heading to the beach soon and instead of renting THREE cribs from the baby supply rental place, we're going to let him sleep in one of the other bedrooms and just use a guard rail on the bed. I knew we needed to prepare him (somewhat) before we just arrived and expected him to sleep in a huge bed. 

I love his bed because it converts into a full-size bed next, so he can use it for a long time. I did buy him a little minion blanket and a pillow but as far as buying any nice bedding, I think we'll just wait until we convert it to the full-size. He's not used to sleeping with anything anyway.

In other news, I've decided to take the 1000 in 30 challenge that Erin, at Living in Yellow, started. It's  a challenge to do 1000 minutes of physical activity in 30 days.(6/1-6/30) I've really been slacking on running so I want to get back into it. I've also been using our Total Gym some to get the arms, legs, and abs toned. 
I started off the challenge on Sunday with an evening walk with the family.

Girlfriend loves her walks!
Grayson does too. I guess I'd love it, too, if someone strolled me around and I just got to sit and enjoy it. Ah, the life of an infant.

Joseph has jumped on the healthy bandwagon and has lost about 18 pounds. Isn't it so annoying how fast men lose weight?? I've lost 19.4 pounds since like March 3rd. He's been eating healthy/counting calories for just over a month, and boom. 18 pounds down. Unfair.
I'm back in all my pre-pregnancy clothes (thank goodness) and have about 5-10 more until I'm where I want to be. Baby weight clings onto me for dear life, y'all. It did after Hudson too. 
Have I mentioned how bad I want a bacon cheeseburger right now more baked chicken and steamed broccoli???

I mentioned we're heading to the beach soon, and now that we have 3 younguns it's not as easy as just throwing our clothes and toiletries in a bag and taking off. Even with just Hudson I found it pretty easy to get things packed quickly. I didn't even have to use a checklist. 
Well....
With 9 month old twins, a 3 year old, and 2 big people to pack for, a checklist is most definitely needed these days. (or maybe it's just because I'm about to be 30? They say the mind is the first thing to go.) And this is just the start of it. I hadn't finished it by this point. It's much longer now. :) Luckily, we have a big Suburban that can fit a lot of stuff in the back, but we're trying to pack smart, take minimal stuff and just wash clothes frequently and take as little "baby stuff" as possible. Part of me just wants to rent a U-haul and pack up the whole house so we have everything we need! HA! Oh well, there's always Target if we forget something. 

Also...have y'all been in Hobby Lobby lately?
I just can't even.....
June 3rd. 
It's June 3rd, people.
It starts earlier every. single. year.


Well, I'm off to start packing. Because if I don't start now and give myself enough time to double, triple, and quadruple check everything, I'll end up leaving something important behind....like a baby or something. 
Just kiddin'.

1 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Christmas already at Hobby Lobby! I feel the same way with packing, we are traveling to Austin this weekend and it's our first time traveling with both girls and wow is there SO much more to pack. Have fun on your trip!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!