Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Poppyseed Chicken

I'm sure everyone knows about Poppyseed Chicken. It's one of those simple, but delicious comforting casseroles we like here in the South. I've been in a comfort food mood lately and decided to make it for dinner tonight. It never lets me down...always a winner!

Ingredients:

2-3 chicken breasts, boiled and shredded into bite-size pieces (not pictured b/c they were boiling) :-)
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 16oz container sour cream
Poppyseeds (I love them so I shake in a LOT, probably close to 3+ tbsp.....seriously!)
1 package Ritz crackers, crushed
1 stick melted butter

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350
1. Mix soup and sour cream until well blended.
2. Add shredded chicken and poppyseeds to soup mixture.

3. Pour mixture into baking dish.
4. Top with crushed Ritz crackers.
5. Pour melted butter over the top and bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes.

The finished product! I like to serve mine with green beans. It's a good combination, and it adds a little color to the plate! :-)It also doesn't hurt to add a veggie when you have a soup/sour cream/butter filled casserole as your main dish. HA!!

P.S. Is it really already September? This year is flying by like something crazy!! But, if I'm being honest...I love it! These next few months are my favorite months!! I love all of the "ber" months....they are filled with Fall, football, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, family time, etc. I'm always happy to see September roll around! These months are always the best and the busiest, but I'm ready! Bring it on!! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!