Friday, May 09, 2014

8 Months Old

 Happy 8 Months to a couple of the sweetest babies I know!

Could you not just eat her up??

 Such a ladykiller. 
 These two just have the sweetest spirits and personalities and it's been such a joy watching them grow over these last 8 months. The first few months weren't the easiest....figuring out how to balance life with 2 newborns and a toddler, they had what I believe was a touch of colic for a little while, and the normal stuff that comes along with newborn babies.
 But they have become such happy, easy babies. They love people, especially their big brother, and get down right giddy when they see someone.

 Every month, picture time gets a little more.....challenging.
 See what I mean...
 Of course the girl cooperates with a photo-op. 
 I remember a time when keeping big brother still was quite the challenge. 
 But these days I can usually count on at least one of them being still. HA!

Here's some things the twins are up to at 8 months:

- wearing size 3 diapers
- wearing 6-9 mo clothes
- no idea about their weights/heights, we go to the doctor at 9 months
- they drink about 6.5 ounces 5 times a day
- sleep from about 8:30-7:30 or 8
- take 2 naps/day. One in the morning and a long one in the afternoon. Sometimes there's a short evening catnap thrown in there
- Grayson has his 2 bottom teeth and Raegan has one
- they're eating lunch and dinner every day now. They also love Gerber Puffs
- we've let them try a few nibbles of our food...strawberries, french fries, apples....the jury's still out on it all
- they still don't want a thing to do with a paci, and they're perfectly happy that way. (so am I!)
- sitting up on their own
- Raegan has started crawling but it's still just a little bit at this point. She's not doing laps around the house just yet. Grayson is close to figuring it out too.
- so much babbling going on! "dada" is said a lot and "mama" has been tossed around too
- they love spending time in the walker and jumperoo. Grayson is a lot like his brother was, and sometimes I'm afraid he'll jump a hole in the floor.
- they love going out for walks or being strolled around anywhere in the stroller now that they can sit in the actual seats.
- they're getting much easier to take places and we're not hermits anymore, afraid of taking them out in public places. ;-)

Oh, these tiny babies....part of me wants to go back to the newborn stage so bad, but then there's the other part of me that's like "are you crazy?" HAHA!!


As Mother's Day approaches this weekend, I'm reminded of how blessed I am to be the momma of these 3 precious gifts. I never imagined my life could be so wonderful. It's not always easy, and it's almost always messy, but boy, is it sweet!??!!!?

Happy Mother's Day to ALL the mothers out there, especially MY momma!!

1 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to see you posting again! Grayson looks a lot like Hudson to me. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!