Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Skillet S'mores Dip

I did the Advocare 24 Day Challenge back in March and lost almost 10 lbs. It was a great way to jumpstart weight-loss and a healthier lifestyle.
Through the challenge, I got my butt in gear to start eating healthier and making better choices. 
I found so many great recipes during the challenge and still make them, along with new ones I've developed, today. I make sure I load up on protein, fruits, and veggies, and limit my carb/high fat/fried foods intake. I don't avoid carbs altogether because they are important and they are good for you. I do try to avoid the "bad" carbs most of the time (white bread, pasta, white potatoes, etc) and have complex carbs in place of them. (whole wheat pasta/breads, quinoa, brown rice) I also kicked the Diet Coke habit and only drink water (along with my cup of coffee in the morning). 

Since starting the challenge in the beginning of March, I've lost 16 pounds. I've got about 10 more to go until I'm where I want to be. 

I say all of that to show you this.....

Hey, a girl's gotta have her chocolate fix every now and then, am I right????
S'mores Dip, y'all!!!!! How have I never thought of such a stupendous creation??!!! 
Thanks to Pinterest, I ran across this bad boy

I had to make it. I mean, it was fate that brought me to the recipe.
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Oh, sweet gooey, chocolatey deliciousness!

I'll share some of my favorite "healthy" recipes soon, but I figured I'd jump to the good stuff and pass this one along first. ;-)

If you don't feel like clicking the above link, here's how it's done:
- line a cast-iron skillet with a thin layer of chocolate chips
- top with big marshmallows that you've cut in half
- bake at 450 for 7-8 minutes
- try not to stick your face in the skillet because it looks and smells so good.
Nobody wants 3rd degree burns via s'mores dip.
- Devour with graham crackers


Now, go have yourself a campout....in your living room.....and enjoy every single calorie of this dip. It's totally worth it.

2 comments:

  1. Smores dip?!?!?! You are KILLING me!!! I need that right now!

    Congrats on the 16 lbs!! I am trying to loose some l-b-s too and it ain't easy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!