Thursday, August 12, 2010

Baltimore Trip Part 1: It's All About The FOOD

So we got back around 11 (about 2 hours late!) last night from Baltimore. I managed to get to bed at about 12:30. Needless to say, I am running on fumes today. We had a great trip. I wish we had more time to walk around and visit places, but that's okay. We did manage to go to a few restaurants and walk around a little bit. Baltimore is a beautiful city, and it is so clean! They have really neat architecture, stone streets, etc. I managed to take about 70 pictures, most of which are of the city views and other landscapes. We only took TWO pictures of us together. TWO! We're really bad about taking pictures. I'm trying to get better about it, especially since I want such a nice (and pricey) camera in a few months. I've gotta use that thing! I've selected some photos to put in this post, but there are several, so I think I'll make this post about the FOOD, then I'll do another post with the city pics. The food IS the most important, anyway! ;-)

Our first night in Baltimore, we went to eat at The Oceanaire Seafood Room. Unfortunately, I have no pictures of our food. Bummer!(Well, I have a picture of our empty plate of lobster mac & cheese! It was delicious. We had crabcake for our appetizer (it was amazing!). For dinner I had the Mahi Mahi Louie, which was very simple and delicious. It had a beurre blanc with capers and was so fresh. Joseph had the seafood mixed grill with crab-stuffed shrimp, scallops, and some kind of grilled fish. We also shared the lobster mac & cheese. Do you think we liked it?
On our second night, we went to a restaurant that was suggested by our shuttle driver. Mo's Crab & Pasta Factory. He claimed that they had the best crabcake in the city. I'm not sure about that, but it was definitely good....and it HAS to be the BIGGEST crabcake I've ever seen!!! You can't really tell how big it is, but it was HUGE and tall! Here is the crabcake BEFORE we tackled it....
Crabcake (a little more than) halfway through....
And....what was left of the crabcake....
We also got King Crab Legs. Joseph got a full pound of them! I got 1/2 pound and a filet (which was horrible, I hate to say). The crab legs were awesome though. Here's Joseph's meal....
Get to work....
The next night we were so exhausted, and Joseph attended the bonus evening session they had, so we just ordered room service. That was nice..not having to get dressed up and go out. We ate on the bed, watching Wipeout, Minute To Win It, and Master Chef! HA! We ate at the hotel restaurant (which is nice) for lunch yesterday, but I have no pictures. We had a great time visiting different restaurants and trying their food. I'm a big foodie, and love to cook and try new things. And this isn't a picture of food, but we took it right after we finished eating ice cream by the harbor.....sorry it's so bad. Not sure what happened with my camera.

I will also show you pictures of our hotel. It was so nice, and it was right on the harbor. Beautiful views galore!! The TV was huge. In hotels in Alabama, you get a 15" TV straight from the 80s. HA! The bed was so comfy, and the bathroom was so nice. This hotel loved granite. I call them granite snobs! :) It was a great hotel, and the staff was so nice. If you ever go to Baltimore, try to stay at the Marriott Waterfront. Awesome place!


Stay Tuned....more pics to come! I hope you're having a great week....I think I may be passed out on my keyboard in a couple of hours. I may need some caffeine to get me through the day......

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!