Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Christmas in July?

I rarely see something that I really have to have these days. After all, I'm not 14 anymore, so I don't have to have everything I see. HA! I usually have to make myself buy clothes because I just don't like anything out there anymore. I went to Belk at The Summit a few weeks back thinking I'd find all kinds of cute dresses and tops I'd be dying to buy. Nope. Wanna know how much I walked away with? Nada! Well, aside from the necklace and earring set I bought. Not one single article of clothing. Nothin'. I didn't like hardly anything there. Now this Belk is huge, so for me not to find one single thing I wanted to get, is hard to believe. Now of course there were some real cute things that were oh, like, $500!!! But this girl ain't payin' that kinda money for some clothes. After all, my momma didn't raise no fool! I don't think my wedding dress even cost that much to be honest with you. We got it for a STEAL! Here's a pic below. Excuse my husband, who was in the middle of a sentence. :) I fell in love with it the first time I saw it, and once I tried it on I new it was the one. I only tried on like 4 dresses! It's simple and comfortable and that's what I loved about it. It has a sweetheart neckline and is bordered in a champagne color all the way around the dress (top & bottom), and the back ties up like a corset almost. It has a very short train, if it even is one. I didn't want this huge train following me everywhere I went. My veil was long, which added some drama to it. I always thought I'd want a big princess gown, but that changed once I put this baby on. It was the perfect dress for me.

Picture of the back of the dress.


Anyway, enough of the reminiscing. The point is, I don't like to spend a lot of money on clothes unless it's worth it.(And it rarely is) Don't get me started on jewelry and shoes though. I could shop all day for those....they make an outfit! But there's another day and another blog for my obsession with funky jewelry and shoes! HA!

I just don't really get excited about products I see and have to have them myself. With that said......I have had my eye on a digital SLR camera for a while. Don't get me wrong, Joseph got me a good Sony a few years ago for Christmas. It's a great camera, but I want something that takes more professional pictures. Why you ask? Well, Joseph and I are talking about starting a family here in the next year or so(Don't get so excited yet!!) I want to be able to capture precious moments with our children, along with those moments leading up to the arrival of babies one day. Therefore, I need to get a nice camera a good bit before then, so I can figure it all out and know how to use it really well by the time that happens. :) I have always had the desire to get into photography...not necessarily professionally, but I'd like to be able to take beautiful pictures of my family and friends. SO, I am really wanting a Canon 50D. The pictures this thing takes are incredible! Absolutely beautiful. Of course, you can also get many lenses for it that are able to take even more beautiful pictures. I've never gotten to use one, so I don't know how high-tech they are, or even if I'd be able to figure it out! :) A Canon 50D runs about $1,000..or more depending on what comes with it. So it's not like I can just run out and pick one up just like that. Especially with Joseph and I working at the insurance agency together, we're pinching pennies wherever we can right now.
Here is a picture of the beauty!

My goal is to get one by Christmas. That's about 5 months away, so I think that is doable. It would be superfantastic if I could get one earlier though, so if anyone wants to donate to the camera fund, I'll love you forever! Ah, ok, I already do love you forever, so....I'll take beautiful pictures of you with it! :) I kid, I kid.....

I'll keep you posted on "Operation Canon". Hopefully this time in a few months, she will be "in-hand". Have a great week friends! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!