Monday, July 05, 2010

Independence Day

I hope everyone had a fantastic 4th of July yesterday! You may even be lucky enough to have today off to continue your holiday. Our office is closed today so we're enjoying one more nice, relaxing day at home. We really wanted to try to go to Destin this weekend, but it just didn't work out. We're hoping we can get a beach trip in soon. Instead, we stayed home all weekend and it was wonderful. Saturday, we went to see Eclipse, and it was pretty good. I don't think any of the movies have been as good as the books, but this one was much better than New Moon to me.

Yesterday we decided to attempt homemade ribs on the grill. Well....my husband attempted them. They turned out really good. They had great flavor and the BBQ sauce we use is great on them. Sweet Baby Ray's makes the best BBQ sauce. If you haven't tried it, you should. It has the best flavor. For dessert, I made some strawberry cupcakes. They're delish, and I love cupcakes. You just pick one up and dive in, no cutting pieces of cake, getting a plate, fork, etc. It also makes it dangerous, because you want to eat more 'cause they're so easy to eat. Ha! Here's a few pictures of our 4th of July meal.

Yummy ribs, potato salad, and corn on the cob...white corn, the only way to go!

This would be our Boxer, Bryant, waiting for his share. Ha!

The scrumptious strawberry cupcakes with vanilla frosting! Perfection!


I hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July weekend, spent with family and friends. I hope we all remember why it is that we celebrate on this day and why we have the freedom to celebrate!

On a much sadder note, I received the news this weekend that a former coworker died in a tragic accident at the beach on Friday evening. She apparently drowned trying to save the 2 year-old daughter of a friend. They were all at the beach together and she risked her life to save this little girl's life. Unfortunately, they both passed away. This is a woman that I worked with at the preschool I worked at before Joseph and I opened the insurance agency. She was 47 years old, the single mother of 3 teenage daughters, and an absolutely beautiful woman on the inside as well as the outside. I ask that you keep the family and friends of her, and the precious 2 year-old girl, in your thoughts and prayers as they are dealing with the loss of their loved ones. I can't imagine what they're going through right now. Please say a little prayer for them, that God will give them a peace that passes all understanding. Thank you all so much, and I hope you have a great week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!