Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Design Boredum....AND a Recipe!

Yeeaahhh......so, you may notice a new blog design. See...I get tired of things really easily. I mean, if I could totally redecorate my whole house I would, 'cause most of that stuff isn't really my style anymore. But, what are ya gonna do? :) I just get real bored with things after a while....husband NOT included! HA! So, I apologize if this constant design-changing is annoying. I promise I will try to find one and keep it for a while. Don't hold me to that though....I just said, I'll try! I like this one a lot....with the exception that it has blue and orange on it....YIKES!...this is no good, not acceptable! There's a real good chance it will be something different tomorrow. J/K, a little. ;-)

We got rid of the treadmill last night, as you know. SO excited about the additional space we have! I made some homemade lasagna last night for our friends when they came to pick it up. It was very tasty. I got the recipe from www.allrecipes.com, which is where I get a lot of my recipes if I need them. I honestly don't use recipes that much, unless it's something I haven't done in a long time, or at all. So, in case you're interested, here's the recipe. I changed it a little bit to suit us better, so I'll tell you how I made it. It's really pretty easy and foolproof. I mean, how could meat sauce, noodles, and cheese taste bad?!

LASAGNA

INGREDIENTS:
-Appr. 1 lb lean ground beef
-1/2 of Jimmy Dean (or whatever brand you like) roll of Italian sausage (I like the contrast in flavors of the sausage and beef...but too much sausage = gag..this is just right)
-2 cloves minced garlic
-1 tbsp chopped basil
-1 tsp oregano (I used a little more, 'cause I luuvs it!)
-1/2 tsp salt and a couple of turns of the pepper mill
-2 regular size jars of pasta sauce (I used traditional sweet basil, but it was a little sweet in my opinion)
-Box lasagna noodles (I only needed 9 for the pan I used)
-2 eggs, beaten
-1 pint part-skim ricotta cheese
-1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
-2 tbsp parsley
-1 tsp salt
-1 lb shredded mozzarella cheese
-2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese

DIRECTIONS:

1. In a skillet over medium heat, brown ground beef, sausage, and garlic; drain fat. Mix in basil, oregano, and 1/2 tsp salt. I like to let this cook for a minute or two to allow the herbs to really get into the meat. Add pasta sauce and simmer for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.

2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add lasagna noodles, and cook for 6-8 minutes, or until al dente; drain. Lay noodles flat on towels and pat dry.

3. Preheat oven to 375. In a medium bowl, mix together eggs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, and 1 tsp salt.

4. Layer 1/3 of the lasagna noodles in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. I spray my dish with nonstick spray first. Cover noodles with 1/2 of ricotta mixture, 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese (save a little for top), and 1/3 of the sauce. Repeat with another layer. Top with remaining noodles and sauce. Sprinkle little remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese on top.

5. Bake in preheated oven 30 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

ENJOY the lasagna, AND the leftovers! We're having it again for dinner tonight. :-) We're halfway through the week people....have a great Thursday and Friday!
Oh, and here's a picture of the lasagna. I will admit that it's not the one I made....it's a picture that someone submitted on the website when they made it. I mean, let's face it, pictures do make blog posts more interesting! :0

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!