Friday, July 09, 2010

Freak Out

I just about had a freak-out moment. I thought I had totally butchered my blog design. I decided to try a new background, therefore, I had to do a new header. I was so proud of myself for figuring out how to do the custom header I had with my previous background, although the pictured look horrible because it was all squeezed in. It took FOR-EVA to figure it out, so I went with it even though it coulda been better. I guess I could pay someone to design it for me, but that ain't gonna happen. I'd rather figure it out myself than pay someone $100 to design my blog, that I don't even use that much and not many people read. So, here I am, with a new background, but no header. I made a header in word, just a simple one, then saved it as PDF, then exported it to a JPEG and cropped it. Bam! I uploaded it as a picture and it was fine. THEN.....as if I hadn't done enough, I decided I wanted to change up the actual template with this new "Template Designer". B.I.G. mistake. I kept clicking on templates, totally screwing up the header and pretty much everything else. Somehow it got saved so I thought I was going to have to start from scratch! (Which probably wasn't going to happen) So I reset the entire thing and started with just a plain ol' basic design template, not one in the "Template Designer" (stupid thing). I was able to start over with the design, customize the colors, header, and all. Finally it's back to normal. I've forgone the custom header for now, and I like it better. It's simple and streamlined, which is totally more my style.

So.....beware of making the same mistake I made. Don't be playin' around with the "Template Designer" (or destroyer) unless you know what you're doin'. It's dangerous! HA! Other than that, it's been a pretty good week. It didn't really feel like a short one, I know that! It actually felt pretty long to me. The memorial service for Kembra Gordon, my former coworker who died in an accident at the beach last week, is tomorrow. Please remember her family and friends as they say goodbye to this beautiful woman. I will not be going, but I know a lot of people who will be, and it will not be an easy day for them. The memorial service for the 2 year-old girl that passed away also, was yesterday. Please remember her family also, especially her parents. She was their only child and I cannot imagine the pain they are in.

I hope you all have a great weekend, and hopefully it won't fly by too fast!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!