Tuesday, July 20, 2010

So Long, Farewell...

No, I'm not going anywhere! However, our treadmill now has a new home. We bought a treadmill a couple of years ago, and I'm ashamed to admit that it's been used MAYBE 20 times. Sad, I know. I don't know what we were thinking. We have the bad habit of making "impulse buys"...I will say that Joseph is worse than I am about this. Well, it was definitely one of those impulse buys. At the time, we weren't members of the gym and it was great to be able to walk and run while watching TV in our "office". Of course, shortly after we bought it, we decided to join the gym and I would much rather use that membership since we are paying for it every month! Therefore, the treadmill got neglected.

Our "office" was then filled with a treadmill, desk(both of which are huge on their own), two bookshelves, and a TV on its stand. Every time I walked into that room I almost had a mini panic-attack. I avoided that room at ALL costs! Ha! So, I've been contemplating selling it for a while now. I think I held on to it for so long because: 1) It took an act of GOD to get in the office...we almost killed each other a couple of times during the process! 2) It cost way more money than I'm willing to admit...it's a gym-quality treadmill! 3)I thought I'd like to keep it for our next, and hopefully much bigger, house to have in the basement or something. Well, seeing as how I shudder any time I think about that office, the money's already been spent, and I'd be throwing money away at the gym if I didn't go, and we'll definitely be in our house for a few more years....and we've also been dropping the "b" word lately so it will be a nursery before too much longer maybe(no, we're not pregnant), it's time for it to go!

You can't tell from the picture, but it's really big and bulky! And REALLY nice!


I had a friend on Facebook that I haven't seen in years announce that she was looking for one to buy. Well, yours truly JUMPED on that opportunity and I had that thing sold pretty much the same day! Well, at least a deal made anyway. Wes and Lauren Murphree are the proud new owners of the treadmill. Wes and Joseph are fraternity brothers and we've known Lauren for a while. They dated for several years during college before they married a year or two ago. They came to pick up the monstrosity this evening and I couldn't be happier! Not only is it out of MY house and I feel like my office belongs to me again, but it will actually get some use and not sit there to collect dust and give me a panic-attack every time I walk in there. ;) It's going to be very strange walking in there and seeing a nice, neat room. It already looks so much bigger, but I also want to get rid of the big bookshelf (even though it is filled up with books, but it's not my style), the TV and stand, and that desk. The desk is solid oak and extremely heavy. It's very nice and we'd like to keep it...just store it until we have room in our next house for it. Luckily it comes apart into many pieces, which would make it easy to store in the attic. I guess the desk can stay until the day a baby makes an arrival, but then, it's gotta go! :-)

So, if you or someone you know are looking for a bookshelf (solid oak), TV (I think it's around 36"), or a TV stand....I got 'em! I'll cut you a deal! ha! I have so much stuff I want to get rid of...I don't even care if I get money for some of it. I have tons of decorative items it's ridiculous. I either don't have anywhere for it to go, don't like it, or just will never use it. So, SERIOUSLY, if ya want some stuff, hit me up! I'd have a yard sale if I didn't think they were the devil. ;) I've thought about listing them on Craig's List or Ebay, but would rather not. I hate clutter, and having all of this stuff in my office, my closets, etc. is driving me CA-RAZY!! It's NOT helping me realize my goal of becoming more organized. Maybe I'll just bite the bullet and take all of it to Salvation Army or somewhere like that. Just having it out of my house would be a blessing in itself, especially if I could give it to people who need it! Hope you all are having a great week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!