Wednesday, June 22, 2011

2 Month Checkup

Hudson had his 2 month checkup yesterday. He got a great report from the doctor!! He weighs 12 lbs, 13 oz. (75th - 90th percentile) and is 24 inches long (90th percentile)! He is a big boy! :-) He looks great and healthy, and is growing right on track! The checkup went great....until it came time for the shots. I was dreading this visit because of them. I don't mind shots, but when it's my poor baby getting stuck and I know he's in pain, I can't handle it! It took a few seconds for him to realize that it hurt, then he fell apart. It was the loudest and highest decibel cry I've ever heard. It was one of those super-dramatic silent cries for a few seconds, that's how bad it was. He finally started crying and crying and when the nurse left, I sat down with him to comfort him and just cried with him! What in the world am I going to do when he gets hurt for the first time one day? It kills me to know that he is in pain, especially since I can't do anything to help him. After about a minute, we both calmed down, dried up our tears, and were ready to get out of there! I could have just held him for days, but I knew the doctor wouldn't appreciate us staying in his office that long. ;-) Once he stopped crying, he was smiling at me and talking to me again. When we got back in the car, he was just talking to himself and I'm pretty sure he was looking at himself in the mirror on the back seat. ha!

We decided to grab some lunch and take daddy some too, since he was SO busy yesterday, he didn't really have time to get anything. Once we were done eating, we headed home and took a really good nap.(about 3 1/2 hours for him, about 2 1/2 for me) It was lovely, especially since it started raining about the time we laid down. :-) He's been doing pretty well since the shots. I've been giving him some infant Tylenol drops every 6 hours just to try and keep the pain/fever at bay. He slept for about 6 hours last night, woke up to eat, then went back down for a couple more hours. Today we're taking it easy and resting. I'm hoping he continues to feel good, with no fever or achiness that often comes along with the shots.

Still able to smile after the traumatic experience! ;)

Nothing sweeter than a sleeping baby on your chest.

I'm so ready to get this hair chopped off tomorrow evening. I love the salon I found up here. They are open til about 8 Monday - Friday, and are open Saturday also. It's hard to find a salon around here that is open on Mondays, which I find weird. They have lots of great stylists and are a relatively large salon, and I'm glad I found a great girl to do my hair. I have had some really bad experiences with my hair in the past and I loathe having to find a new stylist! I went a couple weeks before Hudson was born and got it chopped off (like 11 weeks ago!), so it is definitely time for a trim...or another chop off, since it's grown out so much! It has gotten thick and long and down here in Alabama, Summer means humidity, which means mushroom hair for Lauren if it's not cut right! :-) Needless to say, after looking at a few pictures taken of me recently, it's time for a good cut and thinning out. ha! I hope y'all are having a good week so far. It's halfway over. ;)


Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!