Friday, June 17, 2011

Rae Kimberley Machen


We said goodbye to one of the most amazing women I've ever known yesterday.
My sweet grandmother, Rae Kimberley Machen, went home to be with her Lord on June 14, 2011. There is no more suffering where she is...only rejoicing. She has been made whole! Knowing this is comforting, but I still want to be selfish and have her back, if only for one day. It was a lovely service and memorial for a wonderful lady. There were so many people who loved her and came to pay their respects. Some of my sweet friends came and that meant SO much to me! My dad spoke and did a beautiful job and honored her wonderfully. I know she was smiling down on him.

After the service we went up to my parents' house to eat lunch that my mom had prepared. My Uncle Tommy and Aunt Betty came also. It was delicious as always. We looked through tons of old pictures they found and it brought back so many sweet memories. It was nice to reminisce. There were a lot of "Rae Rae" and me. This is one of my favorites.
I was probably around 8 or 9 here...and crazy tan!

We went back down to my grandfather's ("Fatdaddy") apartment to spend a little time with him. He enjoyed getting some more time with Hudson.
Such a sweet picture. He just lights up when Hudson is around, and that does my heart good. We'll be taking a trip to see him every couple weeks or so! :-)

Before we headed home, we made a stop by my Cornutt grandparents. Hudson and Papa had some quality time together.
Making silly faces!

It was a long and tough day, but I wouldn't have missed saying goodbye to my Rae Rae for anything. We got home around 9:15, and I was sure that Hudson wouldn't sleep too well after sleeping a good bit yesterday, but evidently all of the passing around, getting in and out of the carseat, etc. wore him out. He slept about 6 hours straight last night!!! (And the night before) We also went back to sleep for about 4 hours after he got up and ate. Mama was tired and needed that, and I guess Hudson was too! I can't believe his sweet little self will be 2 months old in just 3 days!! Unreal! We have his 2 month checkup...and shots (yikes!) on Tuesday and I'm anxious to see what his stats are now. :-) NOT anxious to get those shots though. Poor baby. :(

I hope y'all have a beautiful weekend!!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!