Saturday, June 11, 2011

27

Yesterday I turned 27! It's hard for me to believe I'm that close to 30. Sometimes I have to remind myself I'm not 21 anymore. HA! It seems like just yesterday I was 22 and getting married and here I am now, 27, married for 4 1/2 years and a mother to a precious almost 2 month old!! WOW!! Time flies by and the ride is amazing...at least is has been so far!

Joseph had to work so I got to spend my birthday with this little guy! :-)
We went to visit daddy at work though and ordered some Steak-Out for lunch. Their grilled chicken salad is really good. Joseph got their burger and it was delish! I was surprised!
Joseph gave me my birthday present, which included the sweetest card, and this......

The entire Grey's Anatomy series!!! (except for this last season obviously, since it just ended) Here's a little known fact....I have the entire series on DVR!! Yes I do! Needless to say, our DVR space has been limited. ;-) They show reruns on Lifetime so that's how I've been able to record the whole series, in case you were wondering. :) I'm so excited! Now we have tons more space on our DVR and I have the whole series, including deleted scenes and other features. Awesome! He also got me an iTunes gift card! Thanks babe!

After we ate lunch, Hudson and I went for a quick trip to Target. I still can't quite fit into my pre-pregnancy pants and shorts, so I picked up a couple pairs of shorts to get me by until I can lose the rest of the weight. I also got a couple tops and dresses and some pretty turquoise jewelry. I LOVE turquoise! ;) After our little shopping trip we headed home. We went out 4 out of 5 days this week! Go us! Monday we had my postpartum appt, Tuesday we went to Gadsden to see my grandmother (more on that in a minute), Wednesday we went to Publix, and then yesterday we had that outing! I've been apprehensive about going out with Hudson by myself, but he's done great, so now I know we can get out of the house a few times a week! :) For dinner, Joseph brought home Ruth's Chris take-out...oh yes he did!! We can't exactly take a 7 week old to Ruth's Chris, so he brought Ruth's Chris to us! :-) We had delicious steaks, potatoes, asparagus, and desserts. I would've taken a picture but it was gone too fast! HA! Joseph made my birthday very special!!

My grandmother was diagnosed with Alzheimer's a few years back and she has been declining ever since. Seeing her decline like that has been the hardest thing ever. Without going into too much detail so I don't get too emotional and cry on my keyboard, she is at the end of her struggle with the disease and it won't be long until she's with her heavenly Father. We're expecting it to be any day now. I went to see her on Tuesday and it was the hardest thing I've ever done. It was pretty much a saying goodbye visit and it was very emotional for me. It was also the first time I had taken Hudson to see them. My grandfather, AKA: Fatdaddy, loved him. He sang some of the same songs he used to sing to me and Hudson really lifted his spirits. It did everybody's hearts good. Rae Rae is not in the condition where she can talk to him or hold him, but she was able to touch his foot and try to kiss him. Her eyes lit up when she saw him and me. I like to think it was because she knew who I was, and who the sweet baby I had was. I told her, but we'll never know if she knew or if she just liked seeing a baby. Either way, I am so glad I went, even though it was incredibly hard. It was always very important to me that all of my grandparents have the chance to meet their great-grandchildren. That's one reason we decided to start trying last year. I'm so blessed to have all of them with me still, and I so wanted them to meet my children. And even though she wasn't the Rae Rae I knew when she met him, it blesses me to know that she got to see him and touch him. It's going to be extremely hard to say goodbye when the time comes, but we know she'll be in a better place with no more suffering. That gives me some peace. I ask that you keep my family in your prayers over the next couple weeks. It's going to be hard on us, especially my grandfather. Thanks in advance!

I hope y'all have a wonderful weekend. It's SO HOT! I sat outside for 30 minutes to get some sun and had to come in. Yikes! ;)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!