Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Long Weekend in Pictures

Saturday we went to Red Lobster for dinner. We haven't eaten there in YEARS!! I treated myself to ONE biscuit. Just one! Boy, was it hard to keep my face outta the basket, though! :) Hudson got to try a RL biscuit for the first time....and LOVED. IT. I mean, who doesn't??



This picture cracks me up! He was laughing at his daddy!



One of my BFFs, Julie, had her sweet baby boy Saturday. I went down to see Hudson's new friend Sunday afternoon. I took Mom & Dad an Edible Arrangement to snack on, because I know how old hospital food gets and I figured some fresh fruit would be a welcomed change! Gage is SO precious! I feel like I haven't held a newborn in ages!! Hard to believe it's only been a little over a year since Hudson was this size. :'( ALMOST makes me want to have another one.....OK, not really, but it definitely makes me miss those days! Speaking of another one, my husband has been talking about a second baby WAAAAAAYYYYY too often for my liking. He says, "Wouldn't it be nice to have a little girl?" My reply is, "If you want to house it for 9 months, go right ahead! I didn't drop all this weight just to put it back on! HA!" I'd definitely like a girl, but gimme a few years, that's all I'm sayin'! ;-)



I left my boys at home since we've been traveling so much lately. I wanted to let Hudson stay in his element and routine so they had a day together so I could make the quick trip to Gadsden and back. When I got home, I found Hudson sound asleep on Joseph in the recliner. Keep in mind, it was like 6pm at this point and he had already had 2 naps. Somebody was worn out!!



Yesterday was really low-key, because we still have several more jam-packed weekends ahead of us so we wanted to just lay low. We grilled out for lunch and it was delicious!! Hubby got these steaks from Wal-mart and we were really impressed. I avoid Wal-mart at all costs, but he had to go there to get a few things and decided to try out the steaks we've been seeing on TV. I was pleasantly surprised. They were really tender!
We were going to try out his little pool yesterday but it just didn't work out so we'll have to do that one day this week and this weekend. :-) We ended our day with an Oreo Blast from Sonic and it. was. awesome. I haven't had a treat like that in months and it was as amazing as I remember. HA!
It was the perfect weekend.....my boys, good food, sweet friends and new babies, a little sun time, and a tasty treat to bring it to an end. We get to celebrate cousin Logan's 1st Birthday this weekend and we're so excited! He and Hudson are 5 weeks apart. It'll be a lot of fun! I hope y'all had a great holiday weekend and your week is just as wonderful!!
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!