Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Christmas at The Puckett Agency

So, you know I've already decorated the house...well I'm still in the process really. We love to decorate at our insurance agency too, but we do keep it minimal! Last year we had only been open for a couple of months by the time Christmas came and we didn't have a lot of people coming in, but I still put up a tree. I got a very inexpensive tree from Target (which, unfortunately, looks inexpensive too, if you know what I mean), some blue and silver ornaments, which goes with the Allstate blue paint on one wall pretty well, and just ran with it. I didn't pay attention when I bought the tree and realized when I got it back to the office that it wasn't prelit! In my opinion, prelit trees are the only way to go...if you're going artificial anyway. After having to string these stupid lights onto the tree (although it isn't huge or anything), I will never get a tree without making sure it's prelit. I took it out of the box yesterday to put it up and the lights were a mess so I had to, yet again, string the lights onto the tree! Thorn in my side!! I finally finished the tree, then realized the extension cord I used last year had magically sprouted legs and walked away, so I got a cheap one from...you guessed it....Target, last night and we are IN business today!

Like I said...it looks pretty cheap. Very sparse and puny looking, but hey, it's just for the office so it'll do. We don't have a whole lot of people come in, especially during the holidays. It does look a LOT better when it's dark and you can see the lights. I'll take another picture this evening before I leave and put it up.

We also have to change out the treats in the candy dishes for the holidays. I mean, it's a must. We usually have those LifeSavers Pep-O-Mints in the dishes, but for the holidays we put out THESE:
Ah yes, those are Hershey's Kisses. But not just ANY Hershey's Kisses. There are some plain chocolate ones, but the special silver and red ones are the CANDY CANE Kisses!! I discovered those bad boys last year. They are slap yo' mama good! But don't go slap yo' mama...that would be quite rude. They taste like white chocolate with tiny bits of peppermint in there! Ohmigoodness! There's really nothing else to say. You've GOT to try them. Until you do, you can ogle over the picture of these! :-)


***OK, I took a picture of the tree in the dark...it looks a little better but makes me think we'll need to get a nicer one next year..this one just looks sad! What do you expect from a $30 tree?!?! HA!***

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!