Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Details....And Lots of Pictures

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with our family this year. We really enjoyed doing a big family get-together and having (almost) everyone there. The food was incredible....I won't tell you how many helpings of leftovers I've had. ;-)The gender reveal went great!! Everyone was overjoyed to find out that we are expecting a BOY, Hudson Thomas Puckett. You're probably wondering where the name came from. Hudson is not a very common name. Frankly, we had a tough time with names...especially for a boy! I wanted something a little different, but not so different that my child would be beat up in the school yard...ya know what I mean? During all of my name searching, I came across Hudson and immediately fell in love with it. I had heard it before, but it had been a long time. I also fell in love with an "H" name for a girl, and some of you already know it. I'd like to still possibly use it if we have a girl one day. We wanted to use a family name for the middle name, if possible, so that is where Thomas came from. My grandfather (my dad's dad) is Ralph Thomas Machen, and Joseph's father is Thomas Puckett. We are happy to pass down the name Thomas to our son.

I thought I'd share several pictures from the reveal, and describe how it happened.

My mom decorated the cutest table with pink and blue cupcakes, treats, and a sweet picture of Joseph and I.




























The cupcakes were adorable....and tasty!



I loved this frame she put together. I plan on putting an ultrasound picture in it until Hudson's arrival....then I'll put a picture of him in it. It will look great on the hutch/dresser combo we plan on getting with his furniture. (Hopefully that will get ordered in a few weeks. I'll post pictures of what we're getting when I know 100% what we're getting.)

Everything was so cute! She had a voting board and everyone cast their vote when they arrived. She even decorated the front door.

After we ate lunch, it was finally time for the reveal. Everyone was so antsy. Everyone took a cupcake that matched their vote. We got the signs that my wonderful mother made, and each held one. We took turns holding them up, asking everyone to raise their cupcakes according to how they voted.


I said, "OK, if you voted girl......you were WRONG!!!"
*Cue the crowd going WILD!!!*































My sister-in-law (Joseph's sister), and Hudson's Aunt Lissa, celebrated Thanksgiving in PA with her hubby's family this year and couldn't be there. But she sent Hudson his first onesie...and it was an AWESOME one!! It says "Peanut Butter Jelly Time". Priceless!! Melissa, our friend Julie, and I, lived together in Tuscaloosa for a while and discovered this song. It's been an ongoing thing with us and I absolutely LOVE this onesie!! (And so will Hudson) Thank you Aunt Lissa!!!

It was a wonderful day and makes me reminds me just how truly thankful I am to our families. They are absolutely wonderful, supportive, and loving people. I feel so blessed to know that Hudson will have them in his life. I hope you all had an amazing Thanksgiving this year.
Now get ready for Christmas!!!! :-)

3 comments:

  1. I'm SOOOOO glad you loved the onesie. I knew baby had to have it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did your mom know before the reveal, or was she surprised, too? Cute pictures:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Hudson will definitely be the most stylish! ;-)

    My mom had no idea. :) No one did...expect for my Nana & Papa. We found out on her birthday and they left for the Smokies the next day and missed Thanksgiving this year, so that was her birthday present...finding out early! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!