Thursday, November 18, 2010

Who Decided Thursday Games Were A Good Idea?

Seriously...a Thursday night game? Lame. Granted, it's not a big SEC showdown game or anything, but still...who thought that would be a good idea?!?! Not that I mind watching football on Thursday....but....don't they know it's Grey's Anatomy night?? Helloooo?? It's times like this when I'm extremely thankful for my DVR. I record all of the Grey's Anatomy episodes anyway...I literally have the ENTIRE series on my DVR. Lifetime plays the reruns during the week so I recorded the older episodes also. If SOMEONE (Joseph) would buy me some seasons on DVD, I could free up DVR space. ;-) Luckily we have the HD DVR so we have lots of recording space, but it is getting a little low. We have very few other things on it, its mostly Grey's! HA! ANYWAY! Bama plays GA State tonight at 6:30. I don't know anything about GA St. so hopefully that's a good thing. ;)


Yeah, this is exactly how I serve my steak dinner! NOT! I stole it from the internet.....there's a point to it...read below....


We were in Publix last night and my husband just out of the blue, voluntarily picked up a couple of filets to grill tonight. I usually have to beg him to get some filets....'cause they're pricey, obviously. OK, I'm a huge filet fan and pretty much don't eat any other steak. Yes, you could say I'm spoiled, but I don't like having to deal with the fat that is on other cuts of steak. I guess I could blame my parents for my expensive taste in steak. HA! My dad has always grilled filets...no other steak...just filets, hence why it's the only kind I like I guess. They're not the most naturally flavorful steak, so I always marinate mine in Dale's seasoning...or Moore's..same thing. I love the flavor of Dale's on steaks, chicken, veggies, etc. Another thing my dad always did/does. I learned a great trick to cook really good steaks. This is something you can do inside and not have to mess with the grill. I get a stainless steel pan REALLY hot! Put it at almost high heat and sear the steaks for about 3-4 minutes per side. This creates a nice crust on the outside. Then, I transfer the steaks to a preheated 425 degree oven to finish cooking for about 10 minutes...depending on how thick they are. This cooks the steaks to about medium..maybe a little under. That's how I like my steak, but now that I'm pregnant, I'll be cooking mine to probably medium-well...knocking on the door of well done. I would normally hate that and never do it, but I don't want to chance anything so I want the meat to be fully done. However, the steaks turn out tender no matter how you cook them, because they weren't sitting on a grill with the juices dripping down (and I marinate them well)...they sit in their juices in the pan and they always come out so good!! I let them rest for a few minutes before serving so the juices don't all run out when you cut into them. I'll probably do them that way tonight so the poor husband doesn't have to grill in the cold. I can't wait for a good steak and mashed potato dinner tonight! YUM!! I said before I have to be in the mood for meat, but I am definitely almost always in the mood for a filet! :-)


I also need to show off the adorable earrings I got at Christmas Village a couple weeks ago.I love them!! They are little houndstooth elephants. There are 3 separate parts so they move a little bit. I got a new houndstooth scarf too, because my other one was looking a little drab. I was so excited when I found these things. It's not easy to come by cute houndstooth accessories. I'm wearing them with my crimson sweater today. It IS game day after all..even if it is on a Thursday.

Enjoy the rest of your Thursday. Friday is almost upon us!!!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!