Tuesday, November 09, 2010

It's Beginning To Look A lot Like Christmas (At The Puckett House)

Yep. That's right. Christmas decorating is under way at the Puckett's. I'm sure some of you think I'm crazy, and you're right. I am definitely crazy. I just could not wait any more! I love Christmas and I love my house during Christmas. It makes me happy. I'm not trying to skip Thanksgiving...or Veterans Day for that matter. My husband posted on Facebook Sunday that we were putting up decorations, and he asked if it was too early? (not that it matters b/c it's happening!) One comment said that it was definitely too early and we should show some respect for Veterans Day and soldiers and not turn the lights on until Friday. (because that makes it better? Not turning the lights on?) I am a firm believer that everyone is entitled to their own opinion and they have the freedom to express it....thanks to our soldiers by the way! But I can't wrap my head around how it could possibly be disrespectful to veterans to decorate for Christmas?! As someone stated about that comment...if it weren't for them we wouldn't have holidays to celebrate and decorate for! Just because you decide to put up your decor early does not mean you are completely forgetting or disrespecting Veterans Day. I am very thankful and appreciative to veterans. Both of my grandfathers served their country with honor and I know many people who have served, and several who are serving right now. I'll look at my house all warm and inviting and think of a soldier every time, thanking them that I have the freedom TO decorate and TO celebrate holidays such as Christmas, Thanksgiving, Memorial Day, etc. OK, that's enough of that. I really don't like getting into things like that, but that comment really rubbed me the wrong way and I felt the need to speak my piece. Now back to the point of the post!

I wanted to share a couple of pictures of the tree. The mantle is almost done, but I still need a couple more things, so I won't post a picture of that until it's complete. I still don't have a bow topper for the tree, but am toying with the idea of doing something different at the top, instead of a bow. I'll do that tonight and hopefully it will be complete tomorrow! I put a lot of thought into my decorations, obviously. It's the perfectionist in me. (That doesn't mean things are perfect by any means!!!) :)

I LOVE my tree this year! When we first got married, which was 12/09/06 (1 month til the 4th anniversary!), we weren't home for long before Christmas so we threw a tree up with some cheap ornaments, mostly reds, silvers, and golds, and we pretty much just kept that for the last few years. We got a better tree a couple of years ago.....a 9 foot slim one because our other one was big and didn't fit anywhere except the office (or the soon to be baby's room now) and I didn't want my tree hidden in the office where no one would see it. I just didn't want to go out and get all new decorations so we just kept them even though I hated them. I knew what kind of look I wanted though. Well, like I mentioned last week, my mom knew what I wanted after listening to my ideas and everything you see on this tree (and under it) was my Christmas present from my parents last year! I just have to get the top finished! :-)


Here's a close-up.

Once we got the slim tree, we started putting it in our dining room. It's a great fit and you see it when you enter the house. The theme of the tree matches wonderfully with the decor in our dining room also! I'll post more pictures as I finish other areas of the house. I can't wait to see all of your Christmas decorations too!!

Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!! I have mine up too, but no topper yet! Thank you for what you said about the Veteran's Day comment....rubbed me the wrong way too, since I'm just like you in that I'm decorating and still thanking all those, past and present, who served our country! ~Valerie Stanford

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Valerie!! Mine is still without a topper but I'm going to work on that tonight. :) Thanks for the feedback...I thought that was one of the most ridiculous comments I had ever heard.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!