Monday, November 15, 2010

17 Weeks


Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 17 Weeks!!
Size of baby: The Bump says an onion, What To Expect says a sweet potato! I'll go with the latter...it's more tasty and I made sweet potato casserole this weekend! HA! Baby's about 5-5.5 inches long and weighs almost 6 ounces.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: I weighed myself this weekend and I think I'm holding steady at about 7...possibly 8 pounds or so. :-)
Maternity Clothes: Maternity pants are pretty much a must now! The couple pairs of regular pants I could wear with a button undone are now too tight and uncomfortable...and I hate the Be Band I have. I'll have to go shopping for more maternity pants soon...like this weekend! Everything else is fine for now.
Gender: We find out next Tuesday, but we're keeping it to ourselves until we tell our family on Thanksgiving! I'll get more into that later. :-) 8 MORE DAYS!!
Movement: I haven't felt any other movement since the other week...unless I did and didn't know it was baby. :)
Food Cravings/Aversions: I'm still real picky about meat. I have to be in the mood for it, otherwise, it kinda grosses me out. I get full fast and feel sick if I eat too much. I finally got my ramen noodles and they were so good. I have also craved Thanksgiving food like once a week for months now. Even though Thanksgiving is next Thursday, I decided I wanted it and I made my Nana's chicken & dressing the other night. It wasn't as good as hers, but it was pretty good. I also made sweet potato casserole, as I stated above, green beans, and had tons of cranberry sauce with it all. (That's my favorite part..aside from the dressing!) Seriously, if there's not cranberry sauce, I won't even eat the dressing. It's of vital importance. ;)
What I miss: Not gagging all the time....being able to sneeze without it causing pain. It stretches the ligaments and is quite painful for a second or two. This also happens when I move too quickly.
Sleep: I've got myself almost trained to sleep only on my side. Sometimes this gets uncomfortable and I'll lay on my back for a short time, then roll back over to my side.
Symptoms: Slight fatigue, slight nausea and sickness from time to time (still), a few cravings and aversions, and nasal congestion.
Best Moment this week: I was laying in bed last week and rubbed my hand over my belly. It was the first time I realized I had a bump that didn't go down when I laid down. I know it had been there for a couple weeks or so, but it was the first time I had really noticed it wasn't flat anymore. That doesn't sound like much, but it was exciting to me. Can't wait to see it get bigger and bigger. :-)

I hope y'all had a great weekend. Have a wonderful week!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!