Monday, March 14, 2011

34 Weeks


The belly is really starting to poke out there! However, I've had 2 ladies in the last 2 days tell me that I am just way too small for 34 weeks and that I'm tiny! I just look at them like, "And YOU, my friend, are lying through your teeth, but thank you anyway!" :-) It's definitely nice to hear that, but I feel like a whale! HA! I've also had 2 people tell me in the last week or so that I look like Hudson's dropped! YIKES!! Seems too early, but I guess it's not.

FYI: The only maternity clothing in this picture is the jeans! I was proud of that! ;-)

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 34 Weeks!
Size of baby: Between 19 & 22 inches long, and the size of a large cantaloupe! Weighs around 5 1/2 lbs!
Total Weight Gain: Umm....more than I'd like to divulge. Let's just say it's more than 20. :-)
Maternity Clothes: Pants, some shirts, and a couple of dresses. I have only a few regular things I can wear and I pretty much live in the same few outfits because I'm not going to spend a lot of money on maternity clothes.
Stretch Marks: No. But I have "the line" down my belly.
Belly button in or out: It's still in...if it does ever pop out, it will probably be in the last couple of weeks.
Gender: BOY! Hudson Thomas Puckett :)
Movement: Yes! I feel him every day, on and off throughout the day. He is a very active little boy and really likes to play about the time I'm going to bed. ;) His favorite times to move are in the mid-morning and in the evening. He enjoys jabbing me right above me belly button (over, and over, and over), and in my right ribs. :-) It's not the most comfortable thing in the world at this point, but I still love feeling him move all the time. I'm convinced he's trying to figure out a way to bust out with all the moving he's doing in there! HA!
Food Cravings/Aversions: I am finding that I want sweets more lately. Mostly, I just like food in general, but get very full, very fast! I'd rather snack around on small things throughout the day than eat one big meal.
What I miss: Sleeping comfortably, moving comfortably, living comfortably....ha! ;-)
Sleep: I have a hard time getting comfortable at night, and the days of sleeping in are a thing of the past! I can't sleep past 8 or so.
Symptoms: Fatigue(more like exhaustion), backaches, shortness of breath, frequent urination, and I've been running hot too! I'll walk out on the deck in my pajamas and feel perfectly comfortable....when it's 40 degrees! HA!
Best Moment this week: We had our last 2 perinatal classes on Saturday....breastfeeding, and coping with labor & delivery. They were both really good! The coping skills class was great because the husbands gave the wives some nice massages! ;) The guys kept wondering when their turns were coming up! HA! (when you grow a person in your uterus? perhaps?) ;-) We also had dinner with my friend Jennifer, her husband, John, and their precious baby Owen! They had us over for burgers and we picked up this heavenly cake from Edgar's on our way there.
Chocolate Decadence Cake...and trust me, it lives up to its name!!! SO good! It looks a little banged up because one chocolate curl fell off at the bakery, and then I repositioned one on top of the other to make it look prettier! :-) We enjoyed spending some time with friends and getting some baby time too. Owen is the sweetest baby and so handsome! It made me even more excited for my little man to get here.

I had a great doctor appointment today. Hudson's heart-rate was around 155, he's measuring right on track, and we both looked good! I go again in 2 weeks, then I start my weekly visits! We are definitely in the home stretch now!! I'm trying not to let that overwhelm me, because we still have a lot to get and a lot to do. I know it will all happen and everything will be OK! ;)

I hope you guys had a wonderful, beautiful weekend!! The weather was fabulous, and it is very nice today too! I think I may enjoy some time out on the deck in the sun this week. Y'all have a great week! :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!