Sunday, January 20, 2013

21 Months!!

There can't possibly be just 3 months until my BABY'S 2nd birthday!!!! This can't possibly be the last update I do before he turns TWO years old!! Yet, somehow, it is. 
It amazes me every day at how fast time truly does pass. I can remember the day I had him like it was yesterday. I mean, as well as I can remember it after all the drugs. :) It was the most joyous day of my life and getting to be his mommy over the last 21 months has been the greatest job I could ever imagine. 

Here are a few facts about you at 21 months, Hudson:

- You're still wearing size 4 diapers, but we'll probably make the move to 5 by your birthday.
- Not sure how much you weigh or how tall you are, but I can definitely tell you've had a growth spurt lately. You're still pretty long and lean.
- You wear mostly 24m or 2T clothes. Some 18 month clothes still fit, but most of them are too small/short now.
- You sleep from about 9pm-8 or 9am. There's no getting you to sleep earlier than 9. It never happens. You've been sleeping really well lately, but always manage to get up earlier on the weekends. Go figure! ;)
- You're a pretty good eater, and have started trying new things more that you're older. You love breakfast and your favorites are pancakes, strawberries, eggs, and sausage. Other favorite foods are turkey, hot dogs, chicken, grapes, watermelon, cheese, french fries, crackers(you love carbs!), mac & cheese and other pasta, green beans, and goldfish. If we have something, you usually want to try it. You're still not a huge meat fan, but you did eat some meatloaf a couple weeks back and seemed to really like it.
- You know your shapes so well and can identify a circle, square, triangle, star, heart, crescent, and hexagon. The shape app on my phone has been amazing at teaching you these!!
- You're not much for words yet, but I know you're taking it all in. You try to repeat words we say, but just haven't figured out how to form most of them yet. We work on it all the time, so I know any day now, you'll be spitting out words. You still say Bry Bry, gaga for daddy and/or doggy, wawa for water, bub for Bubble Guppies, mama, book(without the "k"), and ball. There are some other things you say but I just can't think of them.
- You love to build, put things together, and figure things out.
- You love bath time and hate getting out. You enjoy brushing your teeth and will walk around the house brushing them when you find your toothbrush.
- You had your first haircut a few weeks ago. You hated every minute of it but it looks so much better.
- You love being outside and don't ever want to come back in. You usually put up a fight.
- You're still obsessed with the dogs and I don't think that'll ever change.
- You let us know whenever you have a dirty diaper or just a big one that needs to be changed by patting your crotch!! HA! Hey, whatever works. I appreciate the heads up! :)

Joseph's parents came for a visit yesterday evening on their way home from Nashville, so we had a little photo session outside before they came. It gave me a chance to really test out my new 35mm lens. I got a 50mm lens as well, for Christmas, but it's much better for closeups and food photography. The 35mm is better for groups/outside photography and I'm loving it! One of my goals this year is to really improve my photography skills (which are really non existent right now), and I'm hoping for a camera upgrade too(7D perhaps?).
I'll just let the pictures speak for themselves.























We were glad to have them come visit for a few hours, and we went to eat some delicious BBQ and some froyo...in January. :)



Hudson, we are so proud of you and so honored to be your parents. We truly could not love you any more, and you are the light of our lives.
Now, please slow down with this growing up thing so we can keep you little.
WE LOVE YOU, sweet boy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!