Saturday, August 17, 2013

First Movie Experience

We'd been tossing around the idea of taking Hudson to his first movie for a few months, but just couldn't get up the guts to do it. I mean, you never know how a 2 year old is gonna act. Well, with so many kid movies out, and no telling how much longer we have with just Hudson, we decided to give it a go this morning. I'd heard great things about "Planes" so we chose that....at 10:15am, the earliest showtime, of course. It was a lot busier than I anticipated, but not too crowded. 
He was super excited about going to the "moowie".


First bites of popcorn. This whole movie thing is pretty cool, guys!


Kid loves him some popcorn. It made me nervous letting him eat it so young, but we kept an eye on him and he did great with it.


Best pictures we could get. We had to commemorate our first movie with our first "baby".


He did so good. He did get a little bored around the middle of the movie, but managed to be on his best behavior and we're so proud of him! The movie is just adorable and if you're thinking about going to see it, you should!

We finished up our outing with a trip to Target (duh) and lunch at Red Robin. 
This could very well be our last weekend as a family of 3 so we're trying to soak up all the time together we can. 

I really feel like my body is telling me these babies are coming SOON! As of Thursday, I was still just dilated to a 2, but those contractions I was having really have me feeling like it's coming sooner than later. The belly has dropped a good bit. I can tell in pictures, I can tell that my belly button is lower, and I can breathe a little easier (which means they're not as high anymore). There's also the, umm, "girls". They all of a sudden feel like they think I gave birth about 5 days ago (full, anyone??). And don't get me started on the soreness. I know my body thinks I'm further along than I am, since I'm bigger due to twins, but I did NOT expect this to happen until AFTER they were born, like it did with Hudson. Y'all....OUCH!!!

So, our trip to Target consisted of getting momma a few comfy things to wear at the hospital, some goodies for Hudson from us and the babies, and some small things we'll need for us and the babies in the event something happens in a few days and we're not able to make another trip to get things before then. I'll definitely be packing the bags this weekend as much as I can. I'd still love for them to wait at least another week or two, and of course they still could, but I just don't have the feeling they will.
My intuition is telling me to get ready! 
We go back to the doctor on Wednesday and I'll update after that appointment, if nothing happens to update about before then!

I hope y'all have a great weekend!!

1 comments:

  1. We took Liam to his first movie this summer too; Monsters University. He did better than I expected, the last 20 minutes were rough. But you are right, with so many children's movies out this summer it was a must.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!