Thursday, October 06, 2011

Penne Pasta with Sun-dried Tomato Cream Sauce

I love a good pasta dish...like, really love. I love pasta more than one should. It's so versatile and it doesn't take many ingredients to make a delicious dish. This is a perfect example.


Penne Pasta with Sun-dried Tomato Cream Sauce

Ingredients:

2 cups penne pasta (or any kind you have)

1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped

1 12oz can Carnation Evaporated Milk

2 cups Italian blend shredded cheese

1 tsp dried basil

1/4 tsp garlic powder

1/4 tsp ground black pepper


Directions:

1. Prepare pasta according to directions.

2. Meanwhile, combine milk, cheese, basil, garlic powder, and pepper in saucepan and cook over medium heat until cheese is melted and well-blended.(it takes several minutes but it does happen!) Add in tomatoes.

3. Add pasta to sauce and stir until well mixed. It is best served immediately. If you notice it thicken a little from sitting for a few minutes, just add a splash of milk to thin it back out.


Additions:

I turned my pasta into a whole meal by adding chicken to it. All I did was season chicken cutlets with a little basil and a little chicken season and browned them in a skillet. I cut them up into bite-size pieces and added them to the sauce at the end. It was delicious and so quick and easy! It would definitely be tasty with shrimp as well, and I think I may put mushrooms in it next time too. Serve with a side salad and you've got a quick, easy, and delicious meal! I hope you enjoy! :)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!