Tuesday, June 25, 2013

26 Weeks & 36 Years!

Whew, it'd be scary if those numbers were reversed!! 36 years pregnant? Ouch.

Let me first of all start off by wishing my amazing parents a Happy 36th Anniversary!! 

God knew what he was doing when he put these two together. I got to grow up with the best examples of a loving, committed marriage. They have one strong relationship that I admire more every day. And I'm so thankful that they love each other the way they do, and that they tell and show each other as much as they can. 
Happy Anniversary, mom & dad. Here's to hoping your day is as special as the two of you are to each other...and to me!!! I love you both with all my heart!

                                                                                                                                                                   

Also...I'm at 26 weeks today! As in, 2 weeks away from the 3rd trimester.....10-ish weeks away from having newborn TWINS! Oh the things to be done before they arrive!! Order bedding, put cribs together, curtains, find a dresser, newborn essentials, car seat for one of them(one will use Hudson's old seat), the list goes on! Too bad I can't have a drink...I'd need one right about now!!
I'm not doing the whole survey this week, but wanted to check in. Things are still going great. Besides getting tired out just walking down the hall, and feeling like an 89 year old instead of a 29 year old, I'm feeling really good! I still don't have any swelling going on so I'm taking advantage of that while I can. 
Hormones are raging, which means my patience has been better. The current irritant is the sound of the dogs' nails on all these wood floors! Y'all. It's like nails on a chalkboard for me. I need some more rugs or something!! Of course, there's also people trying to make things their business when it's clearly NOT or assuming that they know anything and everything, drivers who cut me off in traffic, the hot weather, the fact that I'm out of orange juice, and that I'm not at the beach right now with a cold strawberry lemonade and some crab legs!

Where was I?.....Oh yeah...feeling great!! I honestly can't complain about this pregnancy because I don't think it could be going more wonderfully. I'm blessed and thankful. I also have to give a big thanks to my sweet husband for being so patient and understanding, even when it must be reeeeeaaalllllyyyy hard! He does so much for me around here that I'm either unable to do or am just too tired to do.

I'm kind of afraid of how much bigger I'm going to get before these babies are born. I feel like I'm so big already, and some of my maternity shirts are already getting a little short. I mean....maternity shirts, people!!! It's the normal shirts that are supposed to get short! I guess I can always rig up a bed sheet as a dress for the last few weeks if nothing else fits. ;-)

Hope you're having a super Tuesday!!
Until next time....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!