Saturday, June 08, 2013

Rascal Flatts Recap!

Whew! It's been a busy few days! We went to Atlanta on Thursday to see Rascal Flatts for the first time in about 7 years!
ATL was the closet they were coming to us and I realized I wasn't going to be absolutely whale-sized yet, so it worked out for us to go. It also fell a few days before my birthday so it was kind of like a birthday trip/pre-twins hoorah.

We had big plans (and even reservations) to go eat at South City Kitchen. I was super excited about that, but time just didn't allow for it so we had to call and cancel. Atlanta is an hour ahead of us and by the time we got there, we barely had time to get freshened up to get to the concert. Oh well. Fortunately they had pretty good food at the venue. Chicken & waffles, for instance, was available from a food truck. They were pretty good, aside from the spicy flavor of the chicken. I've never had chicken & waffles and I think I'd like them a lot better if the chicken were just fried with the normal savory flavors. I also got me a big soft pretzel with cheese sauce so I was a happy girl.
I got dressed in my cute maternity maxi dress, while all these other little things were running around in bootie shorts and cowboy boots.
I guarantee you I was more comfortable than they were!!!

The Band Perry put on a great show!!! That Kimberly has some guns on her. I've gotta get my arms toned like that. Cassadee Pope sang before TBP but she was done before we took our seats.

Waiting for the main act!!
Opening with "Life is a Highway".
 This was the kick-off of their Live and Loud tour, which is basically a "best of" tour, which I really enjoyed. I like their new album, but don't know all of the songs on it so I was stoked to be able to sing along to every song. :)



I snapped this pic before we left on Friday. Maxi dresses and skirts are quickly becoming my live-in outfits! Great for a 3+ hour car ride, too.
23 weeks, 3 days

When we got home, Hudson was still napping, but he had been busy. He bought a few early birthday gifts for momma. Beautiful flowers, complete with an awesome Cars balloon, a tasty cake (that Sue-Sue, my mom, took a chunk of home...I didn't eat all of that by myself!!!) and even made me a card (not pictured). 
 Thank you, Sue Sue, for taking great care of our boy so we could get away for a quick trip.

There's really no place like home, which is wherever this precious little dude is.

Even though it was quick, we had a great time getting away and doing something fun and different as a couple. It's been so long since we've been to a concert and it took us back to the night (at another Rascal Flatts concert) when we became engaged. Lots of memories relived the other night!!
I hope y'all are having a great weekend!! I'll try to quit being such a sketchy blogger. :)

1 comments:

  1. You look so pretty! I am glad you guys got to get away for the weekend and see Rascal Flatts! I love that Hudson had gifts waiting on you as well as a Cars balloon, that made me giggle.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!