Sunday, October 24, 2010

Nursery Progress...Kinda...

Our house has 3 bedrooms. One is the master, obviously, the second is the guest room, and the third is the office....or at least it used to be!! :-) We are turning the office into the nursery. We knew we had to keep the guest room, because our families live about 1 1/2 hours away, some more than that. So we know we'll have overnight guests a lot more than we do now.....we never do now, just for the record. My mom stayed over once when Joseph was out of town on business and we did lots of shopping and eating. HA! Other than that, we've not had a single overnight guest. I know that will change soon enough, and I can't wait! I love having company over!! :) Every time I go into the future nursery, I have a mini freak-out moment. Yes, I realize I'm only 14 weeks, but I am a HUGE planner. I love to plan ahead. I used to be a total procrastinator...especially in school, but I haven't been that way since halfway through college. It is my goal to have everything done by the time I'm 30 weeks. I'd like to have most of it done before I'm waddling and things become difficult! :) I will admit...today I went into the office and had a little breakdown. There is SO much (and I mean SOOOOO much) to do before the baby arrives and if I want to meet my goal, we've got to get started like....2 weeks ago! It's not like we had an empty room ready and waiting for baby. Not only do we have to get the furniture out of there, but we also have to clean out the closets, and some closets need to be rearranged and swapped out. Well, after my little breakdown, my husband decided today was the day to get started on it. We (OK, mostly my husband) decided to keep the desk in the house rather than put it in the attic. We were able to rearrange the furniture in the guest room to fit the desk in there too. I was very skeptical at first...mostly because it wasn't in my plan, but I have to say, I think it looks real nice. We did have to take out the dresser/mirror combo and will put it in the attic. Here's the finished (as of now) product. :) It still needs some finishing touches...maybe a couple things on the wall.


































There are still a couple things left in the future nursery...a cabinet we use for books, and an old TV and TV stand. I have a LOT of stuff (clothes and household items we don't want or use) I'm getting ready to donate to Salvation Army, TV and stand included. It's not a bad TV, just big and bulky and we have no use for it. To be honest, I can probably count on one hand the number of times we've actually used it...except for when it was in the living room, but it was replaced a couple years ago with a nicer flatscreen. So that's the next thing on the agenda. We also have a lot of stuff to clean out of closets that we can donate too. If I can get a few closets cleaned out, organized, and rearranged, I'll feel much better!! Hopefully we can tackle something every weekend and the room will be baby-ready in no time!!:-)

2 comments:

  1. It looks good! That's great you guys were able to make it work in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! Joseph was adamant about keeping the desk in the house (even though it's never used). We played with it in a couple different places, but I'm pretty pleased with the way it turned out. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!