Thursday, February 03, 2011

Reunion

I love getting to see old friends, and people I haven't seen in a long time. It doesn't happen too often, unfortunately, but from time to time, especially when I'm in Gadsden (where I grew up) I run into friends from high school, college, church, etc. Well, I wasn't in Gadsden yesterday, but I got to see my favorite teacher from high school!! Missy Bryan was my marketing teacher and the advisor of the DECA group I was in. She was my absolute favorite teacher! We always had such a blast in her class and she really knew how to be not only a fantastic teacher, but also a friend. I'll never forget one day I got sick in her class, she let me sit in her little office (or sit on the floor hovering over the trash can, whatever) and called my mom to tell her I was sick. She took care of it all so I could quickly be checked out and head home. She and I formed a close relationship in the 2 years she was my teacher and I think the world of her to this day! She's one of those people you can go without seeing or talking to for months or even years, and you just pick up right where you left off. She is one of a kind, and no one will ever match her! She retired from teaching last year and lives a short ride down the interstate from Birmingham. She was in town yesterday and came by our office to see us. We were so excited to get to see her. She also taught Joseph and they too had a great relationship, so it was a wonderful reunion. I don't think we'd seen her since our friends' wedding almost 2 years ago. We talked for a while and enjoyed reminiscing, catching up, laughing, and even a little crying. (mostly from this hormonal lady here!)

She was so sweet to bring Hudson this adorable outfit!


We had to take some pictures before she left.


And yes, even though she looks younger than me, she DID just retire! She hasn't changed one bit! Still as beautiful and sweet as ever.

I can't wait to see her again, and I also can't wait for her to meet Hudson! He'll love her as much as I do! It's impossible not to! :-)


It's freezing here in Alabama and is snowing AGAIN in many parts of it. Luckily, it's just done a little sleeting and sprinkling here. Punxsutawney Phil better hope he's right about this early Spring. Otherwise, they're gonna have to beef up his security! HA! I usually like Winter, but I have never been so ready for Spring in my life! I'm sure meeting my sweet Hudson has something to do with that too. ;) Bring on the warm weather! I'm ready for a beach trip!!!!

Y'all stay warm and let's hope Phil is right....for his safety, and our sanity! ;-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!