Monday, April 11, 2011

38 WEEKS!!!


My belly never ceases to amaze me! Each week, I think "Wow, it can't get any bigger than this!" But sure enough....it does! :-)

We had our 38 week appointment this morning and it went really well. My BP was good once again, thank goodness, and Hudson looked great too. His heartrate was in the 140s. They did more labwork to keep an eye on things. Hopefully everything will come back good from that. I've made a little bit of progress since last week. I'm at a good 1, and effaced about 70%. The doctor was very pleased with that. I'll go back next week and based on how I've progressed, we'll talk about inducing. I wouldn't mind if Hudson decided to come on his own, but inducing would be great for us, especially since we're over 2 hours away from the hospital. I plan on doing some walking later today and from here on out to encourage him to hurry it on up! ;) Some friends have also suggested that I drink raspberry tea. I'll try that too! I know it sounds a little selfish, but I am just so anxious and excited to get him here and meet him...plus, Mama's gettin' miserable. HA! We'll see what the next week or so holds. Now, on to the survey....

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along:
38 Weeks!
Size of baby: Between 19 & 22 inches long, and the size of a watermelon! Weighs around 7 lbs!! The doctor estimates he weighs between 7 & 7 1/2.
Total Weight Gain: From here on out, I'll say 25+. :-)
Maternity Clothes: Pants, some shirts, and a couple of dresses. I have only a few regular things I can wear and I pretty much live in the same few outfits because I refuse to buy anymore maternity clothes since I'm so close to the end. I'm ready for my normal clothes...AND my normal body back! :)
Stretch Marks: No. But I have "the line" down my belly. I kept expecting it to get darker but it never did. It's pretty faint.
Belly button in or out: It's almost all the way out.
Gender: BOY! Hudson Thomas Puckett :)
Movement: Yes! I feel him every day, on and off throughout the day. He is a very active little boy and really likes to play about the time I'm going to bed. ;) His favorite times to move are in the mid-morning and in the evening. His kicks and punches have turned more into squirms, rolls, and pokes, but he is still very active!
Food Cravings/Aversions: I am finding that I want sweets more lately. Mostly, I just like food in general. Now that he's dropped some, I can eat more at a meal and I don't fill up as fast.
What I miss: Sleeping comfortably, moving comfortably, living comfortably....ha! ;-)
Sleep: I have a hard time getting comfortable at night, and I have to switch sides every couple of hours. My hips and legs hurt and my arms go numb. Flipping over is a serious workout and I toss and turn all night. This carpal tunnel is bad at night too. When I move my hands after they've been in one position for a while, I want to cry it hurts so bad!
Symptoms: Fatigue(more like exhaustion), backaches, shortness of breath, frequent urination, being hot, Braxton Hicks, pressure, and carpal tunnel that kicked in a couple of weeks ago (ouch)!
Best Moment this week: Finally getting all of the things up in Hudson's room. I can officially say we are ready for a baby...once again, as much as one can be! ;) We have his bag packed, and ours packed, with the exception of last minute things we use every day. I feel confident that if I go into labor we will be ready to head to the hospital within a few minutes. It's a good feeling, and I'm hoping I can just rest from here on out....I better rest while I can, right? HA!

I hope y'all had a great weekend!


1 comments:

  1. You look so cute!! And don't worry, no matter what he WILL be born! You will have your son in less then 4 weeks at LATEST! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!