Monday, April 18, 2011

39 Weeks!


Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along:
39 Weeks! WHAT????
Size of baby: Between 19 & 22 inches long, and the size of a watermelon! Weighs anywhere between 6-9 lbs!! The doctor estimated a couple weeks ago he weighed between 7 & 7 1/2. I'm anxious to know how much he really weighs!!
Total Weight Gain: From here on out, I'll say 25+. :-)
Maternity Clothes: Pants, some shirts, and a couple of dresses. I have only a few regular things I can wear and I pretty much live in the same few outfits because I refuse to buy anymore maternity clothes since I'm so close to the end. I'm ready for my normal clothes...AND my normal body back! :)
Stretch Marks: No. But I have "the line" down my belly. I kept expecting it to get darker but it never did. It's pretty faint.
Belly button in or out: It's pretty much all the way out.
Gender: BOY! Hudson Thomas Puckett :)
Movement: Yes! I feel him every day, on and off throughout the day. He is a very active little boy and really likes to play about the time I'm going to bed. ;) His favorite times to move are in the mid-morning and in the evening. His kicks and punches have turned more into squirms, rolls, and pokes, but he is still very active and can still give a good, swift kick to the ribs from time to time! HA!
Food Cravings/Aversions: Mostly, I just like food in general. Now that he's dropped some, I can eat more at a meal and I don't fill up as fast.
What I miss: Sleeping comfortably, moving comfortably, living comfortably....ha! ;-)
Sleep: I have a hard time getting comfortable at night, and I have to switch sides every couple of hours. My hips and legs hurt and my arms go numb. Flipping over is a serious workout and I toss and turn all night. This carpal tunnel is bad at night too. When I move my hands after they've been in one position for a while, I want to cry it hurts so bad! If I could just breathe when I lay down, I'd be happy.
Symptoms: Fatigue(more like exhaustion), backaches, shortness of breath, frequent urination, being hot, Braxton Hicks, pressure, and carpal tunnel that kicked in a couple of weeks ago (ouch)! I could list more, but I'll leave it at that. ;)
Best Moment this week: We have our 39 week appointment tomorrow and are hoping to leave with an induction date. Like I said earlier, it's not that I am just dying to induce because I'm that selfish (although I am that miserable!)....it just makes sense logistically, since we are 2+ hours away from the hospital and there's no telling what can happen. Since I was at a good 1 and about 70% effaced last week, I'm hoping I've made more progress and we'll be able to induce sooner than later...like, this week sooner!! :-) We'll see what she says tomorrow! I'm so anxious, nervous, excited, all of it!! I'll let you know what is decided.

Have a wonderful week!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!