Thursday, April 07, 2011

What. A. Day.

Disclaimer: I should tell you that I'm typing this on my iPad, after a very long day when I'm exhausted! Just keep that in my mind if you notice any typos. ;-)

Well, it has definitely been a long, somewhat frustrating day. I got a call from the lab at my doctor's office this morning. She said that after looking over my lab work that was done Tuesday, the doctor wanted me to come in today for a BP check. I'm thinking, an hour drive to Cullman, not too bad. Inconvenient, but alright. As I am getting ready, it occurs to me that they probably no longer have my chart in Cullman, since they house them at the main office until they need to be transported to a satellite office for an appointment. SO...I call the lab and double-check. Sure enough, I have to go to the main office, at St. Vincent' Birmingham....2 hours away. So, all kinds of things are going through my mind at this point...what was wrong with the lab work?, could something be wrong?, am I going to have to stay in the hospital, or possibly have a BABY if it's high this time?!? Keep in mind, my BP was perfect on Tuesday at my appt. (about 120/83)but I had no idea what the lab work showed. So, we packed up the car and headed to Bham...just in case. 2 hours later, we arrived and waited. They called me back and had me do all the things you do at a regular appt....urine sample, weight, finger prick, etc. The nurse took my BP and it was 110/73...can't get much better than that. Hudson's heartbeat was between 140&150, and everything looked good with us. I'm still about 1/2 centimeter dilated and 50% effaced. After looking over the lab work, the doctor (a different doctor, b/c the other one wasn't in that day) said she (the previous doctor) had signed off that everything was normal, with the exception of the uric acid, which was a little high. But there was a note to recheck my BP. The doctor seemed confused as to why it was necessary, but obviously it's better to be safe than sorry. She apologized for us having to driving all that way for something so small, but we'd do it again if we needed to. It's just a little frustrating because Joseph had to miss work, and we kinda feel like it could have been a mistake made by the lab. It just doesn't make much sense to me that she'd have me come all that way for that, when it was great just 2 days prior. Oh well! I have my 38 week appt. on Monday so that'll be 3 appointments in 6 days! :)

SO.....after that ordeal, we decided to get a treat before heading back to Huntsville. We made a stop at Yogurt Mountain and it was delish!!

Strawberry yogurt mixed with cheesecake yogurt, with strawberries, graham cracker crumbs, and cheesecake bites! Yessir! Ate every bit of it too!! :)

On our way home, I bit the bullet and made a hair appt for this evening. I found a good looking salon in Huntsville and tried it out. They have awesome hours and are open on Monday, which you don't see often eith salons anymore. I was nervous but knew I'd like the outcome. I have missed my short hair. It looks better and is so much easier to maintain. And with Hudson coming soon, I wanted to get it done ASAP. I am so pleased with how it turned out. I have had some very traumatic experiences with my hair (evidently people don't know how to cut a bob correctly) and it usually takes me a while to find a new stylist that I like. You could say I'm a little picky too. ;) I found my new girl on the first try! She did a great job and I love it! I feel like a new woman....or back to my old self, I guess you could say.

I definitely look pregnant, and tired! Ha! This do' is so much better, though.

Well, I hope y'all had a great day. Even though ours was a little crazy, I enjoyed the time with Joseph. Have a great Friday everyone!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad


Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!