Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Calling All Moms!

OK, I see these posts all the time...moms-to-be asking other moms for advice on what to buy for baby. I didn't think I'd do one of these posts, but here I am! It's not that I think I'm above asking for advice, I just generally know what I want when I see it and am pretty good at making decisions for myself. But, this is a just a little bit different. Therefore, I am calling all moms to read this and lend any advice you can on things that you found worth buying, totally necessary and essential, and things that you (and baby) could have completely done without. I have a private wish list on Babies 'R' Us that I am meticulously editing. It's mostly just for me to remember the things I've seen that I like, things I want to remember to register for, or things I want to make sure I buy. It's basically just a big reminder list of stuff for the woman who's never cared for a baby before! HA!

I want to make sure I don't forget anything important. I have the obvious big items: stroller/car seat, highchair, bassinet/cradle, swing, etc., as well as the everyday essentials: bottles, pacifiers, wipes, diapers, monitors, blankets, grooming/bath things, thermometers, etc. If there is anything you couldn't live without, or something you wish you hadn't bought, I would appreciate any advice you could give me!! I'm hoping to register in the next few weeks, and want to make sure I don't leave off anything essential, or include anything that isn't worth it!

Thanks in advance, ladies!!



And can I just say......
No....I'm not trying to tell you that I want a Nintendo DS for Christmas.....THIS is seriously on babiesrus.com! Yes, BABIES R Us! What's worse? It's in the section, "Just For Mom"!! I wish I was kidding. I really hope someone just made an oops and this wasn't intended to go with the mom stuff. "Not right now, little Johnny, mommy is playing SuperMario Bros. You'll have to warm your own bottle." Niiiice!




8 comments:

  1. Later on, when Hudson begins to feed himself..... Target has these diposable placemats that stick to the table. Anytime we go out to eat, I wipe everything down with Clorox wipes and then stick these to the table. They are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bumbos are awesome! I highly recommend gettting one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have so many, but my number one thing is the Angelcare SIDS monitor from Target online. It's $99, but soooo worth it. It goes underneath the crib mattress and detects movement. If it does not detect movement for 5 seconds, the alarm will go off. It gives me such relief to know that he is being monitored when he sleeps. We also use a Summer video monitor-wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok, i have to have 2. Sorry! Buy a swaddle! I like the summer brand swaddles at target. Andrew won't sleep without wearing one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that idea Crystal! I'll definitely get some of those. I'm going to put a bumbo on my registry...I hear they're great, Rachael! :-) Emily, that SIDS monitor looks awesome! I checked it out and put it on my registry! (which is still private for now) Thank you for telling me about that because I doubt I would have thought about it. I think I put the same video monitor you're talking about on it too! I'm pretty sure I saw some swaddles and put those on there too. I know they're great for newborns and infants! Thank you so much for your tips ladies!!! They are all appreciated, and some were things I hadn't thought of. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We also have those Angelcare monitors! You CAN'T live without those! I felt so much better when we bought them. They are def a must have!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, you should also make sure you get some Mylicon gas drops! They work wonders! Also, James got the hiccups a lot when he was born and they made him really mad, so a friend told me about Gripe Water. I would invest in some of that too. It also works if they have a touch of colic.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!