Friday, December 17, 2010

Hudson's Room...In Progress

The furniture for Hudson's room was delivered and set-up today! They were almost 5 hours late delivering it, but that's neither here nor there. :-) We are so pleased with how it looks so far. I know we are way ahead of the game, but that's the way we like to be around here. We're both big planners so we want to be done with as much as possible, as soon as possible.

Here's what his room looks like thus far.....
The first thing you see is (not Bryant) the crib. I plan on hanging letters that spell "Hudson" on the wall above the crib that are covered in fabrics that coordinate with the bedding. I talked about this a few posts ago. ;) Speaking of bedding, we're going to meet with the lady in a couple of weeks to pick out everything and she'll have it ready around mid-February! I can't wait to see how it all comes together.
Here's a closer look at the crib. We love the color of the furniture and how it looks for a boy.


We got a 5 drawer dresser for extra storage. We'll probably get a small TV to put on top and a lamp or something. I'm all about accessorizing! Hudson will also get good use out of it as he gets older. The mattress was too heavy for me to lift myself, so Joseph put it in the crib when he got home. ;)


Bryant's a camera hog. ;-) I really wanted something I could display cute decorative accessories and some books on. I love this hutch/dresser combo. It has a lot of storage and looks so good. We'll use it as a changing table too, so all of the drawers are great for storing the necessities. I felt the need to take out a bunch of the things people have given us so far to see it with things on it and get the full vision. :) We'll put a chair along the wall to the right of the hutch combo...between it and the crib.


Here's a closeup of some of the special items people have given us. They include Joseph's childhood bible and hand and footprint at 17 months, sweet baby booties for Hudson, a great picture frame with a place for a picture every few months leading up to one year old, a silver spoon, rattle, and cup, a sweet picture frame with his latest ultrasound photo, a rubber ducky, a few of what will be Hudson's favorite outfits, and several stuffed animals! He's starting a nice collection. ;) The sock monkey is Bryant's favorite! HA!

It's so weird to see what was a completely empty room just a few hours ago become a nursery in progress, filled with baby furniture! WHOA! Once again, I have to thank our parents for this amazing gift! We are so grateful and can never thank them enough!

I can't believe that Christmas is a week away! I tell myself every year that I won't put my shopping off, but lo and behold...I always do! We still have a lot of shopping to get done and not a lot of time to do it! It's weird...I'm a huge planner and hate to procrastinate, yet I wait until almost the last minute to finish my Christmas shopping...doesn't really make a lot of sense, does it? Yeah, didn't think so....

I hope y'all have a great weekend, and if you're lucky enough to have some time off for Christmas, I hope it's wonderful! :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!