Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 - A Look Back

2010 was an unforgettable year....

  • Still on a high from our awesome trip to Hawaii in December 2009.
  • Had one of the coldest and longest Winters in Alabama we've had in a long time. I thought it would never end.
  • Alabama won their 13th National Championship after defeating Texas.
  • Joseph and I continued running our insurance agency...without killing each other! ;)
  • We decided to start trying for a baby.
  • Got a positive pregnancy test on a Wednesday in July. (Something we've never told anyone)
  • Two days later, I took another test....it was negative. Could have been a chemical pregnancy, or a false positive. We'll never know.
  • In August, we went to Baltimore for a little business conference. I didn't feel right.
  • I took a pregnancy test a few days after we got home. It was positive.
  • It stayed positive! We were expecting our first child!
  • After a spotting scare, we had an ultrasound on Sep. 3 to confirm our baby was growing wonderfully.
  • Alabama kicked off their 2010 football season. We were able to go to a few games.
  • Announced the special news to our family.
  • Cleaned out office to become baby's room.
  • Found out we were having a baby boy.
  • Decided to name him Hudson Thomas. (Thomas is after Joseph's dad and my grandfather)
  • Announced the gender to family at our big joint Thanksgiving.
  • Got baby furniture in his room.
  • Realized we actually have baby furniture in our house!
  • Got a new awesome camera to capture precious memories with.
  • Celebrated our last Thanksgiving and Christmas as just the two of us.
  • Celebrated 4 years of marital bliss! (once again, alone, for the last time)
  • Were reminded how continually blessed we are to have the wonderful friends and family we have in our lives, and how blessed Hudson will be to have them as well.
  • So excited about what 2011 has in store.
As you can see, most of our year revolved around our expected arrival. I say 2010 was an unforgettable year....not because we had a lot of big trips or events, won the lottery, bought a house, or anything like that. It was an unforgettable year because our dream of starting a family came true, and to us, that's the most amazing thing that could have happened to us this year. And honestly, it trumps pretty much anything else. :-)

Here is a look back at 2010 in a few pictures.









I can't wait to see all that 2011 has in store for our family. It will bring a lot of firsts, and a lot of joy. Of course I don't know everything 2011 has in store, but I do know that I have an amazing husband, wonderful friends and family, and a precious baby boy on the way....and that's enough for me. I'm sure there will be some hard times, but I can't help but feel so incredibly blessed going into the New Year. And the best is yet to come......

I pray that 2011 blesses you beyond measure, and you make wonderful new memories to look back on for years to come.

Happy New Year....and Roll Tide!!! (Bama plays Michigan State tomorrow so I had to throw that in there too!) ;-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!