Sunday, January 02, 2011

Weekend Recap

We had a great weekend in Tennessee with good friends that we haven't seen in quite a while. Chad and Joseph are fraternity brothers and he and his wife, Erica, used to live in Birmingham. We always loved hanging out with them, and getting our Boxers together at the park. We were so sad when they moved to Tennessee, so it was really nice to spend some time with them and their sweet daughter, Addison. She is such a sweetheart! I can't wait to find out what their next bundle of joy is in about 6 weeks!

The other awesome member of their family is their Boxer, Tyson. He is such a well-mannered, friendly dog. He and Bryant got along great back in the day of playdates at the park. Being with Tyson made me miss Bryant even more. They are so much alike!

Tyson took to Joseph really quickly.....
They became best buddies. He couldn't get enough of Joseph! Tyson is the sweetest, he's so happy to see people and every time he sees you it's like he's seeing you for the first time. He wags his little nub of a tail and his whole butt shakes with it! HA!

I was horrible about taking pictures this weekend. Bad, I know. The few that I actually have were taken with my phone.

Chad and Erica were so hospitable to us and we are so grateful. They had chili waiting on us when we arrived Friday night, Erica cooked an awesome breakfast for us Saturday morning, and they made us feel right at home. On Saturday, we watched Bama kill Michigan State...nice way to end the season. The boys made a Sonic run for us (during the game, mind you....really sweet!), and Saturday night we went to a great Thai place for dinner. After dinner, we went to a new yogurt place in Franklin....Sweet CeCe's. It. Was. Awesome.

Don't take my word for it....

I got strawberry yogurt with chocolate chips, chocolate sprinkles, strawberries, gummy bears (seriously), and whipped cream!!! It was sooooo good!! They had lots of yogurt flavors to choose from, and TONS of toppings....they were endless!! I wanted to jump back in line and try something different! ;-)

We left this morning around 10:30 or so and headed back to Alabama. We stopped at Cracker Barrel for a tasty breakfast (brunch, I guess) and were home around 2:30. Since we got home so early, we decided to pick up the pups a day early and we stopped and got them a couple of new toys before we went home. We picked them up when the vet opened (they open from 4-6 specifically for pick-ups) and they were SO glad to see us!


Nothing like the smell of home!! Bryant knew we were almost there!

The squeaky duck was a fan favorite!! He's snoozing with it as I type!

The rubber rope, on the other hand...not so much. Marley's not a big toy fan anyway..she likes bones, but not toys really. I think I'll go back and get another duck so she can have one of her own. It's a lot more fun than the rope. :-)


It was really nice to get out of town for a couple of days and spend time with friends. We know we have limited time to do things like that for a while, so we're taking advantage of it while we can. I hope all of you had a wonderful New Years weekend and I wish you a happy and blessed 2011.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!