Tuesday, January 25, 2011

This Has Got To Be A Sign, Right??

Well, tomorrow is D-Day! I have my 3 hour glucose test at 8am!! That means, nothing to eat or drink after midnight, except 2, 8oz. glasses of water (or in layman's terms, one bottle of my Deer Park water). There's a little over a pint of water in it, and 1 pint = 16 ounces. And yes, I had to Google how many ounces are in a pint. :-) The 1 hour test wasn't too bad, because well, it was only 1 hour. Granted, I was absolutely starving by the time 9:30 rolled around and I was done, but it wasn't so bad. I can't imagine sitting in that uncomfortable chair for 3 hours. THREE HOURS!! OF course, I can get up and move around, but there's only so much of that you can do in a doctor's office. My back just about killed me last week, so I know to bring a little pillow with me this time. I'm really worried about passing out from hunger...especially since they're taking my blood FOUR times. By the time I'm done, it will be well over 12 hours since I've eaten anything. I usually have a nightly snack of a small bowl of Cheerios with some strawberries in it. That's at around 8 or so. I may need to push it back to around 10 or so. ;-) Needless to say...I'll have some snacks in my purse to inhale when I'm done.

One the bright side....yes, there IS a bright side, my mom is coming down after my appointment to spend the day with me and do some shopping. Now, typically we would go to Edgar's for lunch and a little "treat". BUT, since I'll already be on a huge sugar high from the drink, and I won't know whether I've passed or not, I'll need to stay away from my beloved Edgar's. Breaks my heart. It's not a shopping day with mom without a cupcake...or two. (kidding) We'll just have to find a healthier option for this outing. My mom will probably be more upset about this than me, actually. She worships Edgar's...which is totally understandable. :-)

Today, a nice man from Sonic came in and gave me LOTS of coupons and a token for a free Limeade! I L.O.V.E. Limeades...especially the cherry and strawberry. Surely God wouldn't tease me this way, right? He knows how much I love my Limeades and I've been such a good girl since I started this diet on Friday. SO GOOD!! This has to be a sign, right? Well....I'm going to think it is, and think happy thoughts for tomorrow. Happy....HAPPY!!

And if I pass that crummy test, I'm going to celebrate with one of
THESE.....
And perhaps one of THESE....
Hoping and praying I get my celebratory meal! HA! If I have to wait 3 more months to get it...that's OK! :-)

Hope y'all are having a great Tuesday..aside from the cold, rainy weather!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!